Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 02:57 PM

Wow, there are certainly some folks that try very hard to complain about something. I support her right to express herslf as she wishes. I also have that same right, I really like that part. I'll do what she should have done and keep my opinion of her and her note to myself. I don't want to violate any rules about obscenity or personal attacks on this forum.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-06-2008, 03:31 PM

So is Carnival still parading the US Flag through the dining room and singing God Bless America? It is truly sad and pathetic that she thinks she speaks for many. This is one she doesn't!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't want to violate any rules about obscenity or personal attacks on this forum.
In this case I think I might make an exception!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Administrator

And to be clear to everyone - it isn't just about the United States. If it was a special day for Norway, the UK, Japan, France, Canada, etc., I'd be pleased if they played that country's national anthem. It is called class, and it means if you don't like something just shut up and let it happen and be done with, and then you can go on. In most cases it will only last two or three minutes.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:42 PM

If I were on a cruise on May the 5th and they didn't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, I'd be disappointed. I went to the riverwalk in San Antonio in May one year and they had fireworks and exceptional Maxican food everywhere. The homemade tamales were incredible. What harm can it possibly do to celebrate the culture, traditions and holidays with those who are there to celebrate! I'll have another margarita or Corona and enjoy the celebration. Don't we visit the world in part to learn about and enjoy the people of different cultures? I believe some sadly, do not. Their loss, they should stay home in their sheltered little existence. What's the old saying? "When in Rome..." Well from my perspective it should be "When on a ship..."

The topic remainds me a little of the people who book a southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan and are offended and write poor reviews because their is entertainment and announcements are in Spanish as well as English. Go to Disney World, stay off a ship, please! Your crew members may be "forigners", how can you possibly enjoy that?

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Perhaps that lady should watch this.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Pershaps that lady should watch this.
I'd pay to get her e-mail address...
Old 07-06-2008, 10:00 PM

Well this is a sad thing to hear.

Anyone that makes a formal complaint to a Cruise Director on piece of note paper speaks volumes of their intelligence.

I love when they have the international nights in the dining room. Maybe she should realize as well what country's laws are keeping her safe on her cruise. And that the U.S. Coast Guard is standing by to save her sorry self in case of an emergency.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
4th, activities, carnival, cruise, cruises, displays, fireworks, fourth, juan, july, nyc, review, reviews, san, ship, ships