Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 PM

Thinking about booking a Mediterranean Cruise in October. Can anyone give me their advice as to the best line to choose and the best ports to visit. Thanks
Old 03-09-2005, 06:12 PM

There are so many variables to consider - your lifestyle (casual/dressy), your interests, whether you want more of a mix of Europeans & Americans or not, size of the ship (which can affect which ports it can visit), etc. Have you cruised before? If so, how recently, which cruise line, and how did you like it? (And what did you like or not like about it?) If you can help us out with more information, we can probably advise you better. There is no one single "best" cruise line.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:18 PM

Thanks Karen, sorry I was so vague. We have been on two cruises. Very different experiences and loved them both. Our first trip was to Alaska, Inside Passage on the Statendam, Holland America - perfect choice we felt for that venue - second trip was to Mexico on the Grand Princess and we loved that also. This time we thought it would be nice to see some ports in Italy, Greece and have heard that Croatia is beautiful. We did enjoy the big ship experience on the Princess but loved the open decks on the Statendam so I guess we are pretty flexable as to size of ships. I think it would be nice to have a mix of passengers but not too many young children and teens as we are beyond that stage. Any advice you can give as to trips taken to this area would be greatly appreciated. We are just in the beginning stages of planning and have not seen our ta yet. Thanks...
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 AM

Without question, I would recommend Celebrity's Millennium, Venice to Barcelona. I did it last year and am doing the exact same cruise again this year. Here is a review of the ship and itinerary.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Millennium43.htm

Great ship, great itinerary, the only negative is that you need a vacation after taking the cruise it is so much fun. Check it out.

Tom
Old 03-12-2005, 07:41 PM

Thanks Tom, I really enjoyed reading your review and especially appreciated the tips about where to go and what mode of transportation to take at each port. That is just the type of advice I was looking for. Can't wait to get our trip booked.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, cruise, mediterranean