Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Eat sensibly? On a cruise? Wish I had that kind of discipline (no I don't). On a cruise I do what I do at Thanksgiving... indulge every whim. I see it as a break from being sensible and get every penney's worth of my cruise. I don't do buffet except for breakfast occasionally. On vacation I expect to be waited on and am never disappointed. I love the interaction with the waiters and staff and reward them well for exceptional service. I spend like no tomorrow, eat more than I should and all the things I refrain from while at home. It's a celebration for me and a reward for having worked to earn the pleasure. "Moderation in all things...", maybe at home but not on a cruise baby!

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM

I never gained a noticeable amount of weight while/after cruising.
The first one-two days I may eat more than I do at home, you know: it's easy, you try new things, you aren't hurried ...
At last, you can't eat 24/24. There's a physical limit...

I love ship elevators, I don't avoid them.
But, since I find easier than at home to go to the gym, I'm a gym lover too.

I'm a three-four days practiser on land, an everyday practiser on the ship.
I may stay there an hour early in the morning, when machines are all free, and an hour in the afternoon, mainly when the first seating starts.
I think cruise gym is a part of the fun; by the way, it's a place where you can meet cool people!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't usually gain weight on a cruise since I tend to be more active. At home, I work in an office so I am sitting more. On a cruise, on sea days I make a point of walking laps around the sun/promenade deck or going to the gym and on port days I do lots of walking. And I eat lots of healthy salads and fruits, So I can also indulge a little bit without feeling guilty

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:31 PM

We're all talking about the food, but we need to remember that alcohol can add some pounds too. A good way to deal with that is to dance it off!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
The horizontal mambo is really good for burning off calories.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Really? Is that what they're calling it now?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by f-mattox:
The horizontal mambo is really good for burning off calories.
Alrighty then... lol To think that I have been waisting my time on the treadmill. If I had just been performing the eliptical lambada, I could be two sizes smaller.

Closed Thread

Tags
amount, average, avoid, buffet, caribbean, chat, cruise, gain, gained, lbs, people, pounds, quickly, royal, ship, weight, weightgain