Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   General Cruise Chat (
-   -   Minor Travelling With Non-parent Documentation (

TimT 05-23-2005 12:05 PM

I'm going to be posting this in the Carnival Forum and the General Cruise Chat Forum.

My wife and two other adults are going to be taking 5 teenage girls on the Carnival Fantasy in July. My question is other than passports/birth certificates, what kind of documentation is needed for the girls who are not traveling with their parents?

I heard that some kind of notarized affidavit stating the parents have given their permission is necessary. However, my wife just got the paperwork from the travel agency and there's nothing in there stating that.

I would hate for the group to get to the dock and not be allowed to board because all the paperwork is not in order. Has anyone gone through this or have any idea what the cruise line (in this case Carnival) needs? Thanks.


Raoul Fiebig 05-23-2005 12:28 PM


I have combined your two postings by creating a shortcut. So while there is only one thread now, it can be accessed (and will be read) both in the Carnival Corporation & General Cruise Chat forums.

Lil' Lori 05-23-2005 01:15 PM

Hello. We are going on Princess in July. My husband's nephew is going with us, is parents are not. Princess said we need a notarized letter from BOTH parents of the child stating we can take them on the cruise and out of the country. That was stated in our paperwork we received from Princess. I would call Carnival to make sure what there policy is, most likely the same. Have fun on you cruise. Lil. Lori

Karen Knowlton 05-23-2005 01:41 PM

Lori is right, call Carnival to know exactly what they require. However, in most cases of minors traveling abroad without their parents, notarized permission from both parents (regardless of divorce or custody situations) is required. In Mexico that is definitely true. Even if no mention is made of it, I would advise you to have it anyway. You can write this up yourself if you want, or the cruise line may have a sample form to use. You may also want to include having the parents sign permission for you to get medical treatment for the girls should they need it.

You are a brave soul, Tim, traveling with 5 teen girls!

susanmaz 05-23-2005 02:21 PM

I would suggest a medical power of attorney from the parents in place of a "permission form". And don't forget health insurance cards for the minors.

Cruise Specialist 05-24-2005 06:16 AM

I have worked with many groups sailing on Carnival and they do REQUIRE that the minor has a permission slip from the parents allowing them to be taken out of the country. If you have a travel agent they should be able to help you with that, or you can call Carnival and have one faxed to you. Usually both parents of the minor has to sign this form.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 PM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2