Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Today another agent I work with received a phone call from Cancun. One of her clients had passed away in Cancun this morning. They believe he had an aneurysm. They did not have insurance on their trip. The supplier of the vacation package is now trying to help the widow with arrangements for bringing the body back. We all may think we are perfectly healthy and not need insurance, but the truth is we don't know from one minute to the next.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Administrator

A sad story and another example for the archives. It is also important to note that insurance isn't just for cruises.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:13 PM

That is definitely a horrible ending to a vacation. Insurance is a necessary evil, don't leave home without it. So sorry to hear the news.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Thats terrible....but, if I to pick a way to go, being on a cruise in Mexico would be pretty high on my list
Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 PM

That is a very sad thing to hear indeed. After all the stories recently, I am a new believer in getting some insurance.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 PM
One of the excursions in St. Petersburg on my recent trip was "A Gala Night at the Opera"--a black tie affair including dinner and a performance by the St. Petersburg Opera Company. After the dinner, and while climbing the steps to the theater, an elderly gentlemam collapsed and died, his wife at his side. We never heard if they had insurance, but the poor woman, on top of the death of her husband, had to deal with getting his body home from Russia.

My wife and I have riders to our funeral arrangements that provide for our transport home in the event of our death anywhere in the world.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Quote:
ooOriginally posted by f-mattox:

My wife and I have riders to our funeral arrangements that provide for our transport home in the event of our death anywhere in the world.
Now I know why I joined this forum....extreemly good tips passed on..yes f-mattox this time I'm being serious...I would have never of thought of that and saves any messing about with your insurance company if you are unlucky enough to pass away on foreign soil...great idea..thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 PM

Last year my husband and I did a Galapagos Islands cruise, and hiked the Inca trail for 4 days. Anyways, the tour company, Gap Adventures, out of Canada, makes everyone get mandatory travel insurance with repatriation. We had to show our policy the first night. I figured they learned the hard way, and finally made everyone get there own policy. I thought this was a wonderful idea. A few weeks ago, we went to London and Morocco. We bought travel insurance w/repatriation just in case. We used "Travel Insured International". Also- I am a RN, I work in ICU. We had a patient from France, who was ejected from his hummer, the hummer rolled over him. He nearly died, after he was stable, his travel insurance paid for him to have medical transport and flew him back to france under their policy. You never know. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread