Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2007, 05:13 PM

I guess I'm going to have to put this comment here. I appealed to Raoul via a private message. Has anyone else failed to get email notifications on threads you are following? I don't remember changing anything to make this happen.

It is possible that it is my email account thinking its spam. The problem is I don't have any recent emails from cruise-chat so I don't know the address of the source of the emails to make sure the address is not blocked for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken
Old 02-02-2007, 07:30 AM

Is your anti-virus doing an email scan? You could probably make an exception either there or through your firewall. The exclusion could be either cruise-chat.com or editor@cruisereviews.com.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:46 AM

Chef Ken,

in addition to the comments made in my PM reply to you, I remember one similar case. Back then, the reason was the following: The user was a GMX costumer (GMX is a popular German provider of free e-mail addresses) and at that time the address cruisereviews@aol.com was listed as the sender of the notifications. The GMX SPAM filter, however, blocked the notifications because it blocks any e-mails with AOL sender addresses not originating from AOL mail server IP addresses.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread