Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 10:41 PM

Hi! I am trying to find a last minute cruise in early January for me (27years) and my boyfriend (24years) to go to Mexico. I have taken a Carnival cruise to Bahamas before, but wasn't thrilled. Any tips for cruise lines? Princess has a good deal, as do NCL and Royal Carib. We aren't looking for a party ship, but would have fun going dancing in a nightclub type of thing. I just don't want the cruise to be all older people, with all the activities geared toward that population. Any help would be great! Thanks
Old 12-01-2006, 07:13 AM

My personal favorite is Royal Carribean. There are a nice mix of people, not all old, but not the loud party crowd either. They have late nite activities and dancing too. Good luck with your choice. We have done the Mex. Riviera on RCCL.

Sheila
Old 12-01-2006, 01:26 PM

Based on your choices, I agree with Sheila - Royal Caribbean would be my suggestion.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-01-2006, 06:18 PM
I'll just throw in a plug for Princess here.
Did the 7 day out of L.A. this year and everything was great. I would say pretty much the same things as Ladybug21: nice mix--not too old or too young, and lots of night life. And the Diamond Princess really can't be beat IMHO! It's a spotless, friendly and well organized ship. Also, lots of active shore excoursions that would appeal to a young couple.
But you'll have a great time whichevere way you go.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Our first cruise was the RCCL Vision of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera. I thought it was a great ship. The crew was so friendly. I was sold on cruising after that.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

I'll throw in another endorsement for Diamond Princess. We took this cruise a couple of years ago and have so many good things to say about it. There were a variety of activities in the evening, the ship is beautiful, and there was plenty to do in each port. We'd repeat the cruise in an instant.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 PM

Thank you all so much for your advice- we are still looking and came across some new criuises. One of them is NCL Pride of Aloha for 7 days around Hawaii- it is only $399 (the best I've seen for that length, and for the days we are available). I have read good and bad things about this cruise, but I have never been to Hawaii and it sounds like a great way to see a lot. We are very flexible and don't need to be waited on hand and foot- which seemed to be a #1 complaint. My worry is that once we are at port there will be nothing to do unless we sign up for one of their $$$$$ excursions. Any more wonderful tips on this one????
Old 12-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Hello again, LizzyNYC,
this really is a good way to see the Islands, especially if it is your first time there. I'm just wondering if the difference in air fare to Honolulu instead of L.A. wouldn't more than cancel out the savings on the cruise. I have no experience with NCL but I know people who have and they are quite happy with it.
No matter where you go, if it's your first time there, you should probably stick with ship-sponsored shore excoursions. You don't have to do the helicopter tours or jet boat rides; there are plenty of reasonably priced tours that are fun and get you acquainted with the area.
Be it Mexico or Hawaii you are sure to have a great time.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LizzyNYC:
Thank you all so much for your advice- we are still looking and came across some new criuises. One of them is NCL Pride of Aloha for 7 days around Hawaii- it is only $399 (the best I've seen for that length, and for the days we are available).
If the cruise is a cheap way of getting around the islands it is a good price.
On Oahu you can do the local Bus around the island to the sight inexpensively.
Do some research before you go and either do private tours or on your own tours.
Rent a car see the island
It is not like it is a foreign country.
http://www.gohawaii.com/
http://www.hawaii.com/
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
crusing, great, mexico, time