Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2006, 04:48 PM

We leave on our cruise in a little over 3 weeks I want to pack so bad right now I have had my clothes sorted and layed out for months but they are not actually in the suitcase yet. So I was just wondering how soon does everyone pack to go on their cruise????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Administrator

We start doing it about a week before, and this is mostly gathering up what we want to take and doing an inventory. We then load the baggage 2 or 3 days before we leave.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM

My wife does all the packing about 3 days before the cruise. She starts sorting out everything a week before. One of my favorite feelings is going down into the basement to get the luggage.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:31 PM

Yes, the "Luggage Moment" While we don't have a basement, I understand. Our luggage is kept in the attic space over the garage.. here in Texas at 100 degrees outside, you don't EVER go into the attic for anything. but I have no issue making that trip if it to retreive the cruise luggage.

But to answer the first question, we start stacking clothes about a week before, actual packing happens a day or 2 before, but the checklists start getting written months before.. You should try it... its almost like packing but you don't actually pack anything. Write down everything you plan on bringing so that come the heat of battle, you don't forget anything. (Don't forget to put down "Cruise Docs")

Jim
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-31-2006, 02:03 PM

We are leaving on sunday and I have no plans to pack anytime soon. I like to wait to the last day and do it in one big event, however I will be frantic on Sat. Have fun on your cruise
Old 07-31-2006, 04:05 PM

Actually, I start shortly after I return from my cruise. All of my formal wear is sent out when I return and after I retreive it from the cleaners, it goes into it's own bag (which, in turn will go into one of the bags that will be checked thru at the airport). That way, that part of my packing is DONE!

Old 07-31-2006, 06:18 PM

Well I think I am too anxious because I had my clothes sitting out and organized for a couple of months just piled up on the side of my dresser, so in actuality I packed them; I got tired of them sitting their and really wanted to know how much room in my suitcase would be left for my husband which was a little less than half of the suitcase but netherless I am packed already for my curise which is 3 weeks away what you think about that???? I have to pack my kids clothes as well their clothes are organized in their closets but I have not packed their clothes as of yet, so I guess I just have a head start of all the suitcases I have yet to pack I don't know I;m just EXCITED

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-01-2006, 09:14 PM

I am going to sound CRAZY here, but I am so excited. Our cruise is 01/21/07. I have begun buying things and putting them in the storage bins under my bed. I cannot wait until it is time. I have started to look for formals as well. Great sales right now.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:49 PM

They day I booked baby baby!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:06 AM

The day I get home from the port. Our upcoming will be our 17th and I'm as excited as my first cruise. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
begin, carnival, cruise, early, hae, months, pack, packing, pak, start