Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 04:02 PM
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the latest cruising disaster experienced by the Brilliance of the Sea in the Mediterranean. The TV news have been all over the "disaster" - the THIRD in a month - "such a terrifying experience", and so on, and so on . . . I heard this morning that RCI is refunding the cost of the cruise and that some of the passengers are opting not to complete the trip back to Spain... Apparently there is a lot of interior damage, but nothing effecting the ships ability to sail.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Administrator

They had to close the beauty salon, disco, and some other place. Initially RCI offered $200 to $400 depending on cabin category but there was some sort of protest being mounted. It seems the Captain didn't help when we used the word "mistake" in his initial announcement to the passengers. So now they all get their cruise for free.

Frankly I think RCI went too far but it is really all about mitigating the public relations bow wave (ha! ha!).
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 AM

RCI should take a lesson from Carnival on how to treat guest when there has been a Major problem at sea. I think I would have been upset over a $200.00 refund too.
lucky no one was hurt any worse then they were.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by macmom111:
RCI should take a lesson from Carnival on how to treat guest when there has been a Major problem at sea. I think I would have been upset over a $200.00 refund too.
lucky no one was hurt any worse then they were.
Carnival has had their own share of "Faux Pas" too. No doubt RCI would have given anyone medical attention at no cost. If passengers stayed on the cruise using their cabin, facilities, and eating all meals, then $200-$400 was appropriate.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:08 AM

I did see it on national TV this morning and they did some graphic that gave an example of what the ship went through as it neared the port. Also did see some of the damages on board. It must have been rock and roll to do that kind of damage. Luckily there were no serious injuries from what they said. I have a daughter that doesn't like flying and she is going with us on her FIRST cruise..I'll have to make sure she has some meds for the air and then some back up liquid product for the first day of the cruise; LOL...

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Its very sad that a passenger on board has died after being injured on Brilliance of the Seas.

Taxi driver sues Royal Caribbean cruise line over his wife's death - The Daily Record

He said: "She was my world and the pain is unbearable."
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Good luck to their lawyer in trying to make the storm the proximate cause for the coma, and that it wasn't a pre-existing condition.

Tags
carnavial, cruis, cruise, cruises, crusie, disaster, disasters, latest, line, mediterraneam, norwegancruizdisaster, nowegian, recent, reviews, sea