Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2004, 10:40 PM

Just a remimder if you book your own airfare. I have heard if you purchase a flight, and the airfare goes down, they will issue you a voucher for the difference. Will it worked for me. I purchased R/T phoenix to miami, for my RCI cruise about 7 months ago. Well today the price dropped $130 a person. I called America West, and they issued me a voucher (good for 1 year from date of voucher issue) for the amount of $130. I plan on using that for my next cruise. I just wanted to let everyone know, that it really works. You just have to keep tabs on the airfare for changes.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-21-2004, 10:40 PM

Just a remimder if you book your own airfare. I have heard if you purchase a flight, and the airfare goes down, they will issue you a voucher for the difference. Will it worked for me. I purchased R/T phoenix to miami, for my RCI cruise about 7 months ago. Well today the price dropped $130 a person. I called America West, and they issued me a voucher (good for 1 year from date of voucher issue) for the amount of $130. I plan on using that for my next cruise. I just wanted to let everyone know, that it really works. You just have to keep tabs on the airfare for changes.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-22-2004, 07:43 AM

Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. The airlines have been doing a few more customer-friendly things lately, since they are hurting for business. (Though you wouldn't know it, from all the jampacked flights!) Anyway, it sure doesn't hurt to ask!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:55 PM

It worked for me too last March with Delta. I got two $40 vouchers.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:19 AM

Hey I can top all you on this one. A few weeks ago I was supposed to fly from Allentown Pa. to Greensboro N.C. My 15 month old son and spent 2 hours in ticketing and security and got the gate and the flight was cancelled to Philly. Bummer! So back up to ticketing to see what they could do. Well guess what...no more flights available that evening but they could get us out the next morning. Fine! But I asked the agent what she could do for me for the inconvience. She asked what would I suggest...I said...FIRST CLASS R/T....Well guess what....we got First Class....let me tell you...at the airport if you are having trouble and you have a baby...they are you ticket to the goodies. Ha. Anyway when we got home I called USAirways customer service and told them that I wanted some kind of compensation for my troubles....they sent me a $50.00 voucher on a future flight. And before the flight I noticed that the rates had dropped $150.00 from what I paid...so I called and once again I got a voucher for $105.00 Not too shabby. So anytime you have a problem with the flights....go to the ticketing counter and just asked what they can do for you...this isn't the first time I've gotten first class.....All ya gotta do is ask. All they can say is NO.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:05 PM

Ive kept tabs on the airfare... my problem is ours just keep going up... so I guess Im lucky we got the price we got... which from "here" no airfare is cheap ! Im hoping the flights oversold... I'll auction those seats to the highest bidder...LOL ! and Ive got 8 seats... woo hoo... can you say COMPS ??? Maybe a free trip in the future !

Closed Thread

Tags
airfare, book, chat, online