Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM

F-Mattox
No, I don't have certified copies of my birth certificates other than what went with my passport application. I know, I know! Not a smart move, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that birth certificates/passports will be back in time. I still have a good three months before my cruise. Your friend however, should heed your advice and get a spare, just in case.
I have read that if your passport doesn't come back in time, you can go to the website and print out a form that verifies you have applied and that they will accept that for the time being.
Like I said before, it's going on 15 weeks now so I am expecting them any day.

Tracy
Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 AM

FYI--I applied for my passport April of this year. I just received it last week (July). Thank God my next cruise is not until September..
Old 07-25-2007, 10:45 AM

My DH received his passport just last week. He has one of the new passports with the micro chip inside. It took 12 weeks for the passport to arrive. His original birth certificate was returned a few days after the passport was received.

I renewed my passport earlier this year and it took 9 weeks for the renewal. My renewal passport does not contain the micro chip.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

My husband and I just recently got our Passports. How can you tell if they have a microchip? I know my husband's Passport was expedited and is totally different than mine, which wasn't expedited, and I received mine after he did, although I applied months before he did.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Hey Dave, if you want to see Jim Stafford again... come to Branson. He has his own theater here and lives down at the lake, still going strong. (Sorry, off topic.. )
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Branson Cruiser:
Hey Dave, if you want to see Jim Stafford again... come to Branson. He has his own theater here and lives down at the lake, still going strong. (Sorry, off topic.. )
Great show! I've talked to people who have seen him in Branson. I'll bet Jim Stafford has a passport! (this is how we professionals steer a topic back without a lot of fanfare )
Old 07-26-2007, 04:18 AM
Is it true the passport agency is 1 year behind or is that just gossip, does anyone know?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 AM

At its worst, the passport office was about 4 months in sending back new or renewed passports. I'm told the lag time is getting shorter and shorter.

My daughter just renewed her passport, and decided to pay an extra $60 to have it expedited. She had it back 10 days after mailing it off.

Sandy
Old 07-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Well that is good to know because we plan on cruising again next year May and this group of people that are going they don't have passports yet.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Friends of mine that I booked for the Freedom next month paid the expediting fee for initial issue passports. All told it was around $400 for getting them, with the application fee, expediting fee, etc. But they also got theirs in two weeks.

Closed Thread

Tags
norway, song