Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 12:08 PM

We are transfering flights in CD Airport for our return flight to the U.S. We only have one hour and ten minutes for this transfer. I understand that this airport can be quite confusing and am a little nervous over the transfer time. If there is any help or suggestions out there they would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM

Hi jtonda, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The last time I was in Charles DeGaulle, I found it quite easy to get around. This was about 10 years ago, however. There were signs in at least 4 languages, including international signs. I came in on Luftansa and left on Delta. It is a large airport, but I would think you'd be fine. Just hope there are no delays. Best wishes!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:32 PM

We have never found CDG confusing, but it is a very large airport with many terminals. Depending on your gates, you may have to hussle to make your flight. As to your luggage..........

Hank
Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM

We haven't been to Charles DeGaulle in some time but as long as you move quickly you'll be fine.

We've learned to fly a day earlier for cruises and insist that our TA allow several hours between flights, or in your case cruise and departure flights. It has made for some long sits in airports but at least they're stress free ones and we've had reasonably good luck with our luggage.

Worry wart I am.

Ruth
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM

Thank you Ruth.
I am very much the same way you are. In this instance, Royal Caribbean has made our flight arrangements. The only good thing is that this short turn around time is for our trip home after the cruise. Being that they made our arrangements, they are responsible for us until we get back to Atlanta. I really wouldn't have a problem staying the night in Paris at their expense.
Quote:

CruiseReviews.com cruise-chat.com cruise-chat.com General Cruise Chat General Cruise Chat Charles Degaule Airport

Contact Us | CruiseReviews.com | Terms of Service
Old 09-19-2007, 04:18 AM

No worries when a cruise line is in charge. They've probably got hundreds of passengers through airports with minutes to spare.

We were in Asia a couple of years ago on our own and had a total of 26 flights for which we always arrived early or had a later than suggested flight. We probably wasted the eqivalent of at least a day in airports BUT we were stress free.

With the luxury of hand holding cruise agents, you can only relax.

Enjoy a wonderful holiday,

Ruth
Old 09-20-2007, 12:46 PM

With such a short transfer time there is a possibility of your luggage missing your flight to the US. Three hours is reckoned to be the safe period for this. The airport itself is confusing, but they do have 'help' staff to meet people with short transfer times. You should find them at the gate shortly after getting off the plane. They also speak English.
Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, charles, degaule, languages, signs