Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 06:58 AM

All due respect to Art- this is what I mean about not taking the baby in the dining room or pushing him out of his comfort zone at all. Good for you that you have a mini suite- that will be fine for the baby to cruise around in. Just remember that although you may be surrounded by thousands of the most loving (on shore) grandparents in the world, they will be verrrrrrry sensitive to what you and I might think of as low level fussing (and I would not even hear at all).

I love kids and think that the sight of unsupervised kids riding elevators and running around with braided hair and sunburns is a heartwarming sight. I think walkie talkies are cool (unless they're right next to my head). I saw a couple of pushy kids in the dining room last cruise almost knock over a waiter. They kept it up for a few nights. They went running by to go to the bathroom and I got up and followed them. I talked to them and basically just alerted them to what was going on and they were GREAT from then on. They just tend to get so excited and they let the pack mentality take over (plus I remember what it was like when my cousins and I got together...).

I digress.

Babies???? When I see a crying baby I'm just so glad it's not mine that I actually like the sound of it. OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT. This is not one of those places where you can go back to your room and say to each other "what was THAT guy's problem- this is our lovely baby!" because you are going to see That Guy 10000 more times before you pack up and go.

Again, my advice: stay out of the dining room. Just my advice- just trying to make you feel more comfortable.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Administrator

I have also seen my share of unhappy babies, resulting in unhappy passengers. That's the reason for my rule of thumb, above -- especially the parental responsibility part. The last thing my husband and I wanted to do was disrupt other passengers, so we would immediately remove our son when he became fussy. I wish some other parents I've seen would do the same. It really isn't that difficult.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:54 PM

Hello everyone....
I think the original post was about a 5 mo. old on a cruise.
OBVIOUSLY[/i], it is common sense that if your kid is fussy you don't aggravate everyone in the dining room.
I just think it is a good age because they aren't able to crawl yet and my child was content to be pushed around and had a great time.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:11 AM

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of your helpful tips on cruising with an infant! We are bringing our 9 month old son on a 7 night cruise to the Southern Caribbean this Saturday. I was wondering if any of you had any problems with your baby getting sea sick at all?

Thanks so much!

Justine
Old 01-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Hi Justine. My son did not get seasick on his first cruise, even though we hit choppy seas on our way back from Bermuda and many of the passengers were affected (including me). It could just be him, though, as he has never gotten seasick on any of his 15 cruises since then.

I'd advise checking with your son's pediatrician about what to do should it happen. I have found that having an apple works for me. If that's something he can eat, it might be worth a try.

I wish you and your family a wonderful cruise. Take lots of photos.

Closed Thread

Tags
aqua, babies, babys, cabin, carnival, cruise, cruse, fisher, imagination, navigator, oasis, offer, price, review, reviews, royal, seas