Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 AM

I'm going on my first cruise on the Carnival Elation down Baja for 5 days leaving from San Diego November 3rd with my girl friend.

I came here to learn about cruising.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM

Hi David. As I discovered just two days ago, this is a great place to learn about cruising by asking questions or just by reading other posts.

1) Have all of your documents in order before you go.

2) Don't overpack!!! For a five day cruise, you will not need much more than a few pair of shorts, a few nice shirts, a few T-shirts and of course your swimwear!

3) Even though cruises are all inclusive, you will spend money on the ship, especially if you like to have the occasional beer/mixed drink.

4)Most importantly HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! Things usually run smoothly and you will be amazed at how the staff deal with the volumes of people. It's as if they do the same thing over and over again! There may be a hiccup or two, but try not to let that spoil your whole trip.

Good luck.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 AM

Hi DavidW, welcome to Cruise Chat!

Look around, read some posts, search for any topics you have questions on. If you can't find an answer to a question, feel free to post it and I'm sure one of our members can answer. With a little reading here, you can quickly become an knowledgable cruiser.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-10-2007, 08:10 AM

Hi DavidW, welcome aboard. First and foremost, you're going to have a wonderful experience. Just be warned, cruising is addictive. Don't forget your sunglasses, don't try to do everything in one day-you'll be warn out, don't forget you can have as much as you want to eat at dinner (one member didn't know you could order more than one entree). Do read your daily newspaper, do take an extra memory chip for you camera (or film) and an extra battery (charger), do as much or as little as you want, do do formal night, do smile a lot, do leave your worries behind, and do have fun. Best wishes!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Hi DavidW, welcome aboard. First and foremost, you're going to have a wonderful experience. Just be warned, cruising is addictive. Don't forget your sunglasses, don't try to do everything in one day-you'll be warn out, don't forget you can have as much as you want to eat at dinner (one member didn't know you could order more than one entree). Do read your daily newspaper, do take an extra memory chip for you camera (or film) and an extra battery (charger), do as much or as little as you want, do do formal night, do smile a lot, do leave your worries behind, and do have fun. Best wishes!

Ah yes, the extra lobster or two...

You have to try the chocolate melting cake for desert, YUM!!!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 AM

San Diego is a great port for the start and end of a cruise. I have not sailed on the Elation, but I have been on the Spirit and enjoyed it. One tip I read that I want to pass on to a new cruiser is that on Carnival, IF YOU ASK, you can get complimentary capacuino (I know I spelled that wrong), decaf or regular, after every meal in the dining room.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Speaking of chocolate melting cake, for the rest of you cmc junkies, I found that Betty Crocker produces a Molten Chocolate cake under their "Warm Delights" label that is a very close rendition. And it is very easy to make, it come pre-made in a bowl that you just add water to, mix and put the bowl in the microwave and its done.

yummie
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-12-2007, 07:45 PM

Hi David W, Welcome aboard! Ask away! The Elation is a good choice for a first cruise. Had the chance to sail on her last year when she was temporarily repositioned to the east coast. A super crew and staff.

Dwayne
Old 10-12-2007, 07:53 PM

Jim, Thanks for the chocolate melting cake tip. This sounds like a quick and easy fix between cruises.

Now if someone can make a close rendition of the pumpkin soup, I would be set.

Dwayne
Old 10-13-2007, 06:29 PM

Dwanye,

I felt the same way about the pumpkin soup, so when I got back, I scoured the internet for a recipe that sounded similar. I finally found one and have made it numerous times. It is delicious!!! I will try to find the web-site and post it for you.

Take Care,

Brad

Closed Thread