Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:21 PM

My wife and I are trying to decide on what type of cruise to take. We have narrowed it down to a Hawaiian Cruise but can not decide which type we would like. The 15 day Island Princess Cruise or a 7-day Hawaiian Island Cruise. We have only cruised on 7-night cruises before. Plus, Is February a good time to be on a 15-day cruise? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I go for the 15 day cruise....if you are going all that way why not enjoy the islands for a longer time
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 PM

I would recommend you talk to a cruise oriented Travel agent that can explain the difference in these cruises. The foreign flagged ships do the 15 day cruises. NCL America does the 7 day. Their ships are registered in America and they have American crew not International crew. You will have a lot of sea days with the 15 day. A Travel agent can go into more detail with you based on your likes/dislikes, your expectations and needs.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:15 AM
I love to cruise. The longer the better but there are some things to consider. We did an 11 day cruise from Hawaii in April. Around the islands was great. I looked forward to the 7 days cruise back to the mainland. I planned to lay out by the pool every day with a good book and just soak up the sun. Boy, was I wrong! Within 5 miles of shore it became so windy on deck that you could not walk. Once out to sea it also became quite chilly. It's a good thing they had lots of activities planned as we spent most of the week inside. Only one day was it nice enough to lay on deck.

Also your longer cruises will cater more to an older/retired crowd as they have more time for cruising. I did notice this on our 11 day cruise. My husband and I are in our 50s and I felt like the younger generation. Younger cruisers tend to only have a week.

Closed Thread

Tags
14, 15, cruise, cruises, day, days, forums, hawaii, hawaiian, island, lie, lines, review, reviews, ships