Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2003, 08:22 PM

My girl and i will be getting married in september 2004. we were wanting to go on a cruise for our honeymoon, we have been on one prior cruise a few years ago and had alot of fun even though it was cut short. We are looking into a panama canal cruise, or a caribbean cruise.I could use some input on what cruise line to take. We our young , im in my early 30s. We dont want to be with teenagers , but we dont want to sail on an old folks home. can anyone help me with some input?Can anyone tell me the best cruise to take in the caribbean. We have never been there and want to have a good time.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:58 AM

With what little information you give I would suggest Carnival or Royal Caribbean with possibly leaning more towards Royal Caribbean if it is during a school break. If you do a Panama Canal cruise it will normally be longer than a 7 day cruise. The longer the cruise in general the older the passengers are. A full transit cruise of the Canal is usually the longest cruise. Roundtrip Panama Canal normally is around 10 days depending on where you start from.

The shorter a cruise the younger the crowd and possible chance of a party crowd. Also the time of year makes a difference, due to kids being out of school.

As far as the Caribbean goes it all depends on what you want to do in where you should cruise. The Caribbean is usually broken up into the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. Each have something a little different to offer and some things that are similar.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:16 PM

I have to agree with Peb. Royal Caribbean would be my choice however. It also depends on where you will be cruising from. Royal Caribbean currently has the Splendour of the Seas positioned in Galvestan doing an 11-day Panama canal that has a very interesting itinerary.

Tom

Closed Thread