Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2002, 10:30 PM

My fiance and I are in the process of planning our wedding in Grand Cayman. We've made contacts with several places down there, but additional tips or info about anything would be great. We will be arriving for the day by cruise ship and this is our 3rd time visiting there.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2002, 11:49 AM

Hi!
Congratulations on your wedding!!! We specialize in wedding photography. We've been there, its awesome! Let us know if you are interested in our services. Thanks!

Michael Kroloff
Old 08-07-2002, 12:03 PM

Joy,
Congratulations on your getting married. If you are really set on getting married on the island I would not use a cruise ship as the method of transportation.
There are to many variables like weather, the ship will not let passengers off if the winds are up. There is no dock at Georgetown. Everybody is tendered in.

Stan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2002, 01:48 PM

Echoing Stan's concerns here - if the weather or seas are too rough, the ship captain can opt to skip a port call, and if you have wedding plans, that could be a real problem! Grand Cayman is a wonderful island to stay on, one of the most safe and stable in the Caribbean (though not the least expensive!!) You could book a package including air, hotel and other needs and coordinate the wedding plans with the package. A good travel agent could help you get all the details organized and finalized - and help take some of the workload from you!
Karen
Old 09-15-2002, 09:44 PM
Banned

Just a tip. Make sure that a wedding in that island is recognised in the U.S. I heard that some of the resorts that we have stayed at offered free weddings but the marriage was not recognised. I was also told that marriages performed by the ship's captain is not recognised. I really don't know if there is any truth to this but it may be worth looking into.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, married, review