Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 11:45 AM

If I've already paid my deposit in Canadian funds can I switch over to US funds at this point without having to cancel and rebook? I like the cabins that we got and don't want to take a chance that they will be gone (and they would be in a heartbeat).

Anyone know how to protect what I have and yet pay the lesser rate? Peeves me to pay $$$ more for paying Cdn funds.

Thanks.

Kim
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM

Is it worth the hassle to rebook? Dollar was probably around 90 cents when you put your deposit down. How much would you save anyway? I put down a deposit in April for a cruise in 2008 and I am not going to the extent of rebooking it and loosing my room. Just be thankful that you haven't paid the large amount.

A fellow Canadian
Old 09-27-2007, 02:19 PM

You don't ever have to rebook. When you first booked the cruise you recieved a booking number. You can keep that booking number and still make changes. Ask your travel agent about that.

Sonny
Old 09-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Difference is $60 pp for this cruise. RCCL is charging a 7% exchange rate. Better than some of the other cruise lines I think.

Kim
Old 09-27-2007, 09:16 PM
OK I am a Canadian myself and I am getting tired of the 2.5% premium that my credit card charges when $US Dollar transactions are posted to my $CDN Dollar card.(and you loose 2.5% and whatever the fluctuating value is during a refund)

Now that the two dollars are trading more or less at par, I decided to do 3 things - Get a $US MasterCard, buy a whole lot of $US, and open a $US chequing account. That way I dont have to worry about exchanges or premiums again.

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, cdn, cruise, deposit, paid, switch, travel