Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM

I don't need a reason to go shopping.
Cruise- time to go shopping
Yanks win the World Series - time to go shopping
Promotion- Time to go shopping
Space Shuttle Landing- time to go shopping
..well, you catch my drift....
Old 08-02-2007, 06:59 AM

I always have new clothes to wear for a cruise. Actually, at the end of the summer season I will buy things with the intent to use on my next cruise. Most of the time that next cruise is not even booked! I especially do this with swim suits. We leave in 27 days for a cruise and I have 2 new swim suits to wear. Plus, I must admit as soon as my DH started talking about going on a cruise I started shopping!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GenCan:

You haven't been able to use that one since the year 2000!!
I, like you, really don't need a reason. Most of my shopping lately has been decorations for our new house. I am starting to feel like a male Martha Stewart... (without the felony)
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM

Hi! I always buy something new for our cruise. Several months before, I tell myself that I don't need anything new. But, as the cruise nears and the excitement grows, I find my car automatically turning into the mall parking lot and I have this strong desire to spend money on cruising clothes! My husband gets the bug about a week ahead of the cruise and we do a final mall run-through. It's part of the fun of the journey before reaching the destination (the cruise, of course)!

Nadine
Old 08-02-2007, 09:56 AM

I buy new clothes on my cruise. There are some really great buys in the islands!
Old 08-02-2007, 10:48 AM

I always have to buy a new swim suit or two before a cruise (at this point I probably have 15 suits so that is wholly unnecessary ), and I usually buy a new pair of sandals and enough new casual outfits to cover every day of the cruise.
Like Nadine, I consider shopping for new clothes to be part of the cruise experience. And I must admit I get a big kick out of packing (I start a couple weeks before) and it's always more fun to pack new clothes instead of the tired things I've been wearing for a while.

I buy evening wear on sale all year long in anticipation of my next cruise, even if it isn't booked yet. I love to dress up and I don't get many opportunities at home! I'm one of the types who will get dressed up for dinner every night and stay that way until I turn in.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
quote:
Originally posted by GenCan:

You haven't been able to use that one since the year 2000!!
I, like you, really don't need a reason. Most of my shopping lately has been decorations for our new house. I am starting to feel like a male Martha Stewart... (without the felony)

Dr. a girl can dream, can't she?

Read and post cruise reviews
Carnival Glory 2004
Carnival Liberty 2007
Carnival Inspiration 2008
Carnival Triumph 2008
Explorer of the Seas 2009
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jillianallison:
I love to dress up and I don't get many opportunities at home!
On the contrary... It's fun to get dressed up at home. Sometimes it's fun to cook up a epicurean foreign meal like lasagna hamburger helper, get out your best water glasses and head to the fridge. Open the fridge and slide the box of the best vintage of Franzia forward (because it's almost empty and you've learned that if you tilt it in the fridge it will just hit the rack above it and frustrate you) Take the wine and food into the living room and sit down on your favorite naugahyde sofa. Get up and put in a great beta tape and enjoy a movie on your Curtis Mathes television while your velvet Elvis hangs on the wall staring at you. Now that's dressing up and having a good time.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Yup, we always get a few new things. A couple of dress shirts, a tie, sport shirts, pair of shorts, bathing suit, and I MUST have new white tennis shoes and socks. I'm not so cute--I need all the help I can get.
I need all the help I can get too. I just bought new white tennis shoes for my cruise next month. Used them today to take our guide dog puppy on a training walk at the mall. I'll have to be careful to keep them clean for the cruise. I also bought a few other new things for the upcoming cruise. And I went to ta fabric store to buy some clips and ribbon with dog paws to make our personalized lanyards. I'll ask to have a hole put in our cards.

Mary
Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
jillianallison-We always buy a few new items before each cruise,but we know that we will also be purchasing some new clothing items at the various ports-so we don't overload ourselves prior to the cruise-after all- it is part of the fun in planning a cruise!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, buying, clooth, clothes, cruise, cruises, cute, germany, mom, people, river, summer, terbaru, vacation, wwwcrooz