Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 08:35 PM
I probably don't have to, but I go ahead anyway and shop for clothes just prior to my cruise. I get maybe 2 new polo-style shirts for the day time. Maybe A couple dress shirts for dinner. I did buy a suit before my first cruise and have used it during the formal nights on all my cruises. I have purchase a pair of shoes a couple of times before a cruise. Hopefully this time around I would do much more clothes shopping before my next cruise, but who knows for sure?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:55 PM

I do the same, get a few new polo shirts. Heck, I have new clothes from the last 2 cruises I did not wear! I do get some new T's and the little white socks as well.

I was wanting some of those kewl board shorts for my next cruise. Went over to Ron Jon's to check out some Quicksilvers. I was told "we don't carry those in beer gut sizes".

I guess I am fashionably obsolete
Old 08-05-2007, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
quote:
Originally posted by jillianallison:
I love to dress up and I don't get many opportunities at home!
On the contrary... It's fun to get dressed up at home. Sometimes it's fun to cook up a epicurean foreign meal like lasagna hamburger helper, get out your best water glasses and head to the fridge. Open the fridge and slide the box of the best vintage of Franzia forward (because it's almost empty and you've learned that if you tilt it in the fridge it will just hit the rack above it and frustrate you) Take the wine and food into the living room and sit down on your favorite naugahyde sofa. Get up and put in a great beta tape and enjoy a movie on your Curtis Mathes television while your velvet Elvis hangs on the wall staring at you. Now that's dressing up and having a good time.

Doc... somehow I have the feeling you were hitting the Franzia while penning this post!

Luckily, my box of Cab need not be chilled, so I don't run into that pesky fridge problem.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Purchase new clothes... Definitely. Just over half of my wardrobe on the cruise will be new. And this goes for my entire family (hubby & two sons). As stated earlier by a previous poster, you get the best bargains during end of summer clearance sales. I love it!!!! New shoes, new underclothing, new toothbrushes, new attitude, etc. I even pick up travel size toiletries and what nots so those things will be out the way. I just check things off of my check list as they are bought even down to the outfits for each day.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 AM

I do purchase a few new things, but unless I am sailing from my home port (San Diego) or from nearby LA, I try to bring some clothes that I am tired of and will leave behind. My aim is always to lighten my load, not to bring home as heavy luggage as I came with!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SD Cruiser:
I do purchase a few new things, but unless I am sailing from my home port (San Diego) or from nearby LA, I try to bring some clothes that I am tired of and will leave behind. My aim is always to lighten my load, not to bring home as heavy luggage as I came with!
Wow, I wish I could pull that off! My luggage is usually twice as heavy when I return home. Sometimes, I even return with more pieces than I left with...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

We were the laughing stocks at LAX in February. Eight huge pullmans for four people.

Included in one of the pullmans was an empty duffle that we managed to completely fill with souvenirs from our stops.

We vowed that our next cruise will be different.
We were totally out of hand on our packing.

I purposely did laundry on the ship so I wouldn't arrive home and face loads of dirty clothes.

A'ndrea
Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

The only way that I "allow" my wife to purchase an article of clothing is that she has to donate an article to the local women's shelter. I do the same with the Jimmy Hale Mission which is a local charitable organization for homeless men. It keeps our closets free from needless clutter and it helps others at the same time. A win-win situation no matter how you look at it.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 AM

Always something. Mostly I am looking for comfortable shoes. It seems to be my downfall. I cannot stand to have my feet hurting from all of the walking we do while cruising. And, it depends on my girlie figure as to what kind of clothes I am buying. This girlie figure changes frequently. I have a section in my closet that is ONLY for cruise attire. Have fun shopping. You just gotta do it!!!!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, buying, clooth, clothes, cruise, cruises, cute, germany, mom, people, river, summer, terbaru, vacation, wwwcrooz