Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

Oh, Michelle, sorry to bother you again. Do not forget your binoculars to see those glorious whales and dolphins! bye for now.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

MicheleT, congratulations on your decision! And Andrealovescruising, thank you for the information on Carnival.

Excellent advice on choosing an early dining time if you are from the East Coast. And, I agree the binoculars are a must. Even if you don't do a whale watch excursion, you will still be able to see them from the comfort of the cruise ship.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 AM

I am only one week into starting to plan this trip and most people now are avoiding me! I just can't stop TALKING about it!!!! I am SOOOO excited! I know it will truly be a whole different experience than my DH and I had on our honeymoon 15 years ago!!!

Andrea, are you sure you and your family won't want to join us next March!!!! You sound like you guys really know how to have fun and have enjoyed your cruises!!!

We are from Northern California bay area (by San Francisco) and will be driving down. My brother lives about 10 minutes from Disneyland...so we will visit with them after the cruise.

I started to show my hubby the shore excursions this morning and I want to check more into a few of them.

The Snuba looks fun in Cabo and of course we want to go to Cabo Wabo Cantina for a meal, DH would like to take our son golfing at the El Cid in Mazatlan. Are there things there that my youngest and I could do there too while we wait for them to finish??? And the Sunset Horseback trip sounds interesting in PV. I don't think you can go wrong with BBQ and unlimited Margaritas after a day of horseback riding! If anyone has any experiences with these trips please let me know.

I know my oldest really wants to do the Canopy Adventure and the Dolphin Experience sounds so fun...but they are very pricey for a large family for everyone to participate.

Thank you all again for your wonderful information. I truly am very excited!!!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Hi Michelle. I would love to come out to California again and cruise on Pride! California is a beautiful state. We love In-N-Out Burger. Wish they would put them on the east coast. Actually, it's better if they stay in California and Nevada. I would be 300 pounds if they were close to our home. LOL.
On our excursion in Cabo, half of our boat were snorkelers, the other half, snuba. We snorkeled at Chileno Beach. Gorgeous. Shell and crushed reef. The snuba looked like fun. It was a small motorized hand-held gadget. People got back on board and said they enjoyed it. The excursion guides were very generous with Mexican beer and mixed drinks on our way back to the pier. More than we could possibly drink. Cabo is a beautiful, rich port.

The El Cid was very nice in Mazatlan. There is a pool there for cruisers to use. You may also rent lockers for a nominal fee. The beach is nice, the water warm. Many, many vendors selling you anything and everything you could possibly imagine. Some are pushy. Just be prepared for that if you use the beach at the El Cid Resort. I got the best prices of the entire cruise in Mazatlan, on the beach, for sterling silver jewelry for myself and daughters. One vendor started a bracelet at $45. I bought it for $8. They are more than willing to barter in Mazatlan, not so much in Cabo.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:52 PM

I was recently on Diamond Princess -Mexican Riviera. While the men golfed at El Cd, the girls did a beach day at a hotel. Was nice beach and had facilities. Best part was the roped off area so locals couldnt's get too close to bother you with selling their goods. they could come right up to you in Cabo and PV. I was in carribean on Carnival Pride when it was newer-2002. Pride was the best looking ship out of all that I have been on. Not alot of neon, and tacky decor. I did not choose Pride for Mexican Riviera cruise only becasue there are so many ships and new ships are coming out so often, I want a different one each cruise. But out of all, if I had to return on any ship, it would be the Pride.

Closed Thread

Tags
1992, 5237, carnival, mexican, pride, riviera, room, sun, viking