Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2002, 02:18 PM

Hi!

Does anyone out there know of good books about the cruise lines, the ships, or the operation of the industry? I'm fascinated by the entire process, from the design of the ships all the way to the amazing logistics the lines employ to get everything where it needs to be when it needs to be there.

A good book I've read is called "The Cruise Ship Phenomenon In North America" by Brian J. Cudahy. The author details the history of cruising, starting with trans-Atlantic crossings and then into the tropical round-trip pleasure-only cruises. He's written a chapter on each of the major cruise lines, detailing their histories, describing what makes the ships distinctive, etc. It's an excellent book, but maybe a little scholarly for some.

I'm not looking for "dirt" or anything like that, I'm just really interested to read more and more about what's probably going to become my favorite type of vacation (since I outgrew bachelor trips to Las Vegas, anyway!).

Thanks in advance,

-Scott
Old 12-12-2002, 02:18 PM

Hi!

Does anyone out there know of good books about the cruise lines, the ships, or the operation of the industry? I'm fascinated by the entire process, from the design of the ships all the way to the amazing logistics the lines employ to get everything where it needs to be when it needs to be there.

A good book I've read is called "The Cruise Ship Phenomenon In North America" by Brian J. Cudahy. The author details the history of cruising, starting with trans-Atlantic crossings and then into the tropical round-trip pleasure-only cruises. He's written a chapter on each of the major cruise lines, detailing their histories, describing what makes the ships distinctive, etc. It's an excellent book, but maybe a little scholarly for some.

I'm not looking for "dirt" or anything like that, I'm just really interested to read more and more about what's probably going to become my favorite type of vacation (since I outgrew bachelor trips to Las Vegas, anyway!).

Thanks in advance,

-Scott

Closed Thread