Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > General Cruise Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

I've decided that since I will never probably ever be back to Tahiti, I am going to extend my trip by 3 days either before or after my cruise. So, should I get there early and stay in Papeete (and if so what property/resort) or should I stay after the cruise and stay in Papeete or should I fly to Bora Bora or another island and stay there for three days and if so what property? Please can someone give me some advice? Thanks,

Sodey
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator

That is certainly a good idea. I've never been there but I think I'd probably like to get there before the cruise and spend the three days. That way I'd be chilled out nicely for the cruise and not frazzled by the flights. But that is my opinion, and I'm sure staying after the cruise also has it's advantages.

How is that for a non-answer?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Well, That certainly cleared things up for me ! I like the idea of getting there early to unwind before getting on the ship. But, I could do that by just arriving 1 day before. My fear is that while on the cruise, I'll fall in love with one particular island and want to go back there for a few days. So if that would happen, which island has the highest probability of me falling in love with it? I probably need some input from someone who has been there before.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I probably need some input from someone who has been there before.
That would be Jan.

Being a devil's advocate here: you fear falling in love with one particular island. But you could also decide that the whole area sucks and can't wait to leave when the cruise is done.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Banned

Maybe I'm assuming Tahiti is more beautiful than it really is but I've always been a beach kind of guy and I did a lot of diving when I was younger. So, I just don't want to miss an opportunity when I kow I'll never return again in my lifetime. I'm told it is better than Hawaii and my dream has always been to go to Hawaii so, I'm assuming it's beauiful there.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Papeete is just a transit town (nothing nice about it) However, Morea is close by so you could go there before the cruise (let say 1 night papeete, 2 nights moorea- you can go by ferry) and then the last 3 night in Bora Bora after your cruise. Be aware its very expensive for lodging, air/ferry and food/drinks. That;s why a cruise is really good value for money in Tahiti.. enjoy
Old 04-25-2008, 03:04 PM

My Husband and I went on a Tahitian Cruise for our Honeymoon in 04. It is more beautiful then Hawaii and actual ruined Hawaii for me. Get a balcony for sure because the views are amazing. We did not stay any extra days but wish we would had. I would not stay in Papeete because it is very dirty and the people are not the nicest. It gets a little better the further away from the port you get. Moorea is the closest island so it is easy to get too by ferry. Bora Bora is nice also and has some wonderful but expensive hotels with bungalows on the water. (Other islands had them too)

There is no way that you will not like Tahiti and I am positive that once you visit you will be back IMHO.

Have a Hinano for me (local beer)

Free Cruise Clocks

Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas / Baja Mexico 2003

Tahitian Princess / Tahiti Honeymoon / September 2004 .

Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

I found out that I can use my frequent flyer miles for the Radisson on Lafayette beach near Papeete. So it certainly makes a pre or post cruise stay even more affordable. I'm assuming we can go on day trips to another island by ferry but does anyone out there think that Papeete is so bad that I should forget the free nights and head to Bora Bora or some other island resort?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:05 AM

There is nothing wrong with Papeete. The question is what are you looking for? Papeete is comercialized, therefore you will have the hustle and bustle of tourism, nightlife, restaurants, and shopping. If you are looking for a more pristine, natural, layed back solitude atmosphere, then Moorea or Bora Bora would be your choice. An over the water bungalow with breakfast brought to you in a canoe would be a memorable experience. Le Meridien, Intercontinental, and Sofitel's are popular resorts in the South Pacific.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, good, idea, intercontinental, tahiti, windsong