Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 06:07 PM

I have email HAL several times asking for an Alaskan excursion booklet. Each time I explain that I was unable to view it on the web. Each time they sent me an Alaskan cruise (not excursion booklet) book. I called HALís Excursion line on Friday. I talk to Tiffany. She explained it was policy not to mail one out until about 30 days before the cruise, but I could go on line and view it. I again explained I could not see it because my firewall said their site was unsecured. She said no way I could get one. I asked for a supervisor. None was there. I told Tiffany we were down to canceling if we could not get one. She said go ahead if you want to. I explained I wanted to view the booklets so we could book our excursions. She said if you really need to see them go to an internet cafe or your TA. I asked If she wanted me to give her name to whatever Supervisor we were able to talk to at a later day. She said go ahead, talk or cancel.

My wife emailed every department head she could find an email address for. We now have about 10 booklets coming. And Tiffany has a bunch of Department heads headed her way.
We had a Customer Service head call us he did say HAL was having a hard time with their website certificates.

I hope the staff onboard the ship is not like Tiffany.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:52 PM

I hope you have more patience on the ship.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I'm glad that worked out for you in the end. Especially with a cruise destination of Alaska, it's preferable to know about the excursions in advance so that you will be able to book those that appeal to you as soon as possible.

Hopefully, they'll have the certificate issues fixed soon so you can make some bookings!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:08 PM

bad service is bad service. A customer service person should never drawn a line. I am a business person. A person who wishes to do business finds a way to make the person they are serving happy. Telling me to cancel was very poor service.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 PM

I'm not saying Tiffany couldn't have handled the situation better. She was trying to follow procedure about the excursion books time frame for being sent out. I agree her comment to go ahead and cancel was inappropriate. However; I also find it extreme that you would threaten to cancel a cruise if you couldn't get an excursion book ahead of the normal time frame.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:39 PM

This will be my forth cruise, I have never had a problem with any service.
I request three times and was sent the wrong material. Tiffany's tone played into my threat, she even hinted that was a choice. It is strange she could not, or would not find a supervisor. The people who responded to the emails had no problems getting a booklet out.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Quote:
I have email HAL several times asking for an Alaskan excursion booklet.
Thanks so much for bringing up this topic.

We are scheduled for a July HAL Cruise and, since this is the first time that we have done this, I was unaware of what an "excursion booklet" is or why we should also have need of one. If I need one, who do I call at HAL to get such a thing?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello mickeyd,
the elusive shore excursion book will be sent to you automatically with your pre-cruise documents. It is a description of the shore excursions that will be available to you on your cruise. It is best to reserve the excursions you want either on-line or by mail before you go as the more popular ones tend to sell out quickly.
Unless you have firewall issues too, you should be able to view these excursions on the HAL website and start reserving them soon.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 AM

I received 8 booklet yesterday, and 8 letters of apolize about the way we were treated.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, bad, excursion, holland, reviews, service