Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2006, 04:26 PM

We are going to Hawaii on the Zaandam and just got upgraded to the Deluxe Verandah!! WOW can't wait til Nov 26.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:26 PM

We are going to Hawaii on the Zaandam and just got upgraded to the Deluxe Verandah!! WOW can't wait til Nov 26.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:30 PM

You're going to LOVE it!! Be prepared to be spoiled rotten!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:44 PM

SSUS... One question, since you seem know about these things is the mini bar stocked? and what with?
This is our first cruise and got the opportunity to upgrade at half the cost from Verandah to Deluxe. Sure hope it is worth it.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 AM

quote:
Sure hope it is worth it.
OH, YES! The space in the cabin, the dressing room and the size of the veranda will spoil you for anything less on future cruises!

The mini-bar is stocked with the "normal" selection of mini bottles, beer, wine and mixers - the price list should be on the bar (they aren't free). Before you leave (I think 14 days prior) you can order a "setup" - see my earlier post.

You will have free laundry and pressing. You will find flowers for the two of you on the first formal night of the cruise (corsage for her and boutonniere for him) in the mini-frige. You should also find a pair of binoculars for your use in one of the drawers.

Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM

I was happy with a window room but sounds like I need to upgrade next time. We are tetantively planning a Mexican Riviera cruise in 2008. Will definitely be looking into this. I thought just being on a cruise spoiled a person, WOW it gets even better.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:37 AM

Oh, yea - almost forgot - there is also the exclusive Captain's party for suite pax as well as a private, invitation only dinner with the Captain, use of the Queen's room in the Dining room for breakfast and lunch, and exclusive use of the Neptune's Lounge. Priority boarding and tender service. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

Check the square footage of the suite and the veranda - those suites are among the largest if not THE largest available on cruise ships with comparable tonnage.

Old 10-27-2006, 11:16 AM

Okay, now Im really going to check into a suite. Sounds like being in the lap of luxury!
Old 10-27-2006, 11:50 AM

You definitely should... for the price, there's nothing better.

Chuck- the "dinner with the Captain" - does that happen on every cruise, or only on cruises >8 days. We had a suite on a 12 day cruise, and had both the reception and the dinner with the Captain in the (then) Odyssey (now Pinnacle) restaurant. I was told that on 7-day itineraries, it's usually "lunch with the Captain" - is this true??

Yes, Smittytex - just like Chuck said... minibar with alcohol is there, but it is a charge per bottle... HAL is generous, but not THAT generous!! (LOL) The captain's cocktail party had free drinks ("the basics" - wine, gin and tonic, etc.), though, so make sure you go to that!!

I can't remember all of the additional perks, but there were always "little something extras" waiting in the room for us every afternoon/evening.

And as I mentioned in a prior post, the concierge's are GREAT... they really get to know you personally. They found out that my wife liked strawberries and I liked chocolate chip cookies, and every afternoon without fail, a plate would show up at our room. It was really nice.

We're sailing in a Verandah Suite on the Westerdam next Sunday on a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise... I'll update the board upon my return.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:20 PM

Looks like we have stepped into a different world altogether. Wife even sent me out to buy a new dark suit just for the cruise. 30 days to go...
I just hope those folks are ready for us rednecks !!!

Closed Thread

Tags
room, window, zaandam