Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2006, 06:19 PM

Hi,
I am new to Cruise Chat, my wife and I have
cruised four previous times with RCCL,
Celebrity, and Princess.
We are cruising on the Westerdam this fall,
first time on HAL. Any tips or suggestions
for us. We are cruising the Eastern Carribean.
Thanks,
Corvette3805
Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 PM

HAL's service was excellent in my experience. Food, entertainment, etc. are all a matter of taste, so I won't say any one of them is "better" than the other. I think you'll find a HAL cruise a relaxing experience for the most part, as it's lower-key than RCCL and to some extent Princess. (I haven't been on Celebrity yet, so can't compare.)
Old 08-08-2006, 05:07 PM

My brother has been battling bladder cancer and recently went into a remission, (if bladder cancer ever really goes into a true remission). So we decided to treat him to a cruise on the Westerdam on Oct 15 to the Eastern Caribbean. I have never been on that ship but am hoping it will be a wonderful vacation for him. Hal cruisers always seem to be especially nice and friendly. I like that about Holland!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:44 AM

Hi All:

My wife, kids and I are going on the Westerdam to the Western Caribbean on November 5th... we're also hoping we like the ship. Any comments from "experienced" Westerdam cruisers would be appreciated.

As far as HAL goes, my wife and I were on the Rotterdam in '02 and had a great time. The population was bit "older" (middle of school year), but we enjoyed the staff and made some nice friends.

To me, the HAL and Celebrity experiences have been comparable. Definitely "lower key" than RCCL - but it depends on what you're looking for, of course. We've enjoyed our RCCL experience as well!!

Heck, we just like being on a cruise!!
Old 09-02-2006, 08:27 AM

SSUS_NJ - we also will be on the Nov. 5th trip to the Western Caribbean. Can't wait. Have kids coming as well. From what I have researched, looks like the Westerdam will be a great experience. See you aboard.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:06 PM

Fantastic, Janet M... we're counting the days to Nov 5th... don't know who's more excited - our kids or us!!

By the way... my wife's name is Janet!! LOL
Old 09-12-2006, 10:28 AM

Have taken 2 cruises in the last 2 years, both on the HAL, Oosterdam and Ryndam. Had great experiences both times. Both trips to Alaska. I would rather go there any day because of the scenery. The Westerdam was in port with us in Ketchikan. Nice looking ship and bigger than the Ryndam. Have a great time, Im sure you will not be disappointed.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, cruise, reviews, westerdam