Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Holland America Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/holland-america-line/)
-   -   Hal Cabins (What do they offer ?) (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/holland-america-line/12004-hal-cabins-what-do-they-offer.html)

TonitheTiger 02-18-2007 05:05 AM

I'm taking my first cruise in Aug 2007. I do not want to over pack. I picked Holland Americe for the recognizabe name of quality. Will they have shampoo/conditioner/mouthwash/ offer in your cabin? I know they have robes in the cabin, how are the sized.

TonitheTiger 02-18-2007 05:05 AM

I'm taking my first cruise in Aug 2007. I do not want to over pack. I picked Holland Americe for the recognizabe name of quality. Will they have shampoo/conditioner/mouthwash/ offer in your cabin? I know they have robes in the cabin, how are the sized.

LisaP 02-18-2007 06:36 AM

Hi TonitheTiger, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Which HAL ship will you be on, and what type of cabin?

TonitheTiger 02-19-2007 02:14 PM

Hi LisaP,

We will be in a veranda stateroom, know how great the view will be. I over do it when I for vaction. I happy I can leave the blow dry at home. Many Thanks- TonitheTiger

arckac 02-21-2007 08:33 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TonitheTiger:
Hi LisaP,

We will be in a veranda stateroom, know how great the view will be. I over do it when I for vaction. I happy I can leave the blow dry at home. Many Thanks- TonitheTiger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take your blow dryer. I dont use it but my wife does and after our first Zuiderdam cruise a few years ago, she complained of how weak it was and thereafter she brings her own. We find the Vista class ships have sufficient room at about 185 square feet and then another 50sf on the Veranda. Enjoy!

ubiztravel 02-24-2007 09:57 AM

Shampoo and conditioner are provided but I don't recall mouth wash being available and the blow dryers are barely useful.
If you plan on taking your own dryer, pack yourself a light extention cord if you want to use it in the bathroom as they only have a shaver outlet in there.
Robes are not provided in all categories as a standard item. They are available in all 'S' (suite) category. If your category is not an S, and your stateroom does not have robes, then befriend your cabin steward and ask if he could obtain them for you, with a little gratuity assistance.

Myra 05-10-2007 10:40 PM

cruised Volendam April 07, inside room, main deck
Two robes are provided for use, and if you want to purchase. I just used.
Size was large.
Tiny shampoo, conditioner, handcream, soap -face and body provided, no mouthwash.
We had built in hair dryer, hot air only, not strong but worked well. plus extra medium size hair dryer.