Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 08:05 PM

I've taken many cruises but, as of yet, not with HAL. I'm considering several cruises but have noticed over time that HAL often has many ports of call where no shore excursions are listed. For example, on the 17-day Masdam trip Boston to Rotterdam, there's nothing shown for Red Bay, Isle de la Madeleine, Bonne Bay, etc. Has anyone been on HAL in the past where this has happened? Do they actually offer shore excursions in these mystery ports? If so, when are they available----or do they spring them on you when you get onboard?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 PM

When are you taking your cruise? we are taking a HAL cruise to Alaska, a few weeks ago we were not able to see excursions at Skagway, not we can but it is not a complete list. HAL tolds us they were in the process of redoing their excursions for 2009.

That may be the case with yours also.

Welcome to Cruise Chat!!!!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Hi cruisethirsty, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

We're in the same boat, so to speak, as you and Gary. There are some excursions listed for a few of our ports for our July 2009 cruise, but none listed for others. And, we are unable to book any as of yet. We've also been assured that they will be available soon - and based on our past cruises with HAL, I'm not concerned.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:38 AM

Hi Gary:
It's always good to know that other people are in the same boat, so to speak. I don't think you have to worry about Skagway. There are always many shore excursions offered so HAL is probably just updating them. Worst case scenario would be booking on your own, which isn't a problem in Skagway.
Regards,
Cruisethirsty
Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM

Hi LisaP:
Ditto what I replied to Gary in general about HAL shore excursions. It does make me feel somewhat better to know that you've encountered this problem in the past and it always worked out.
Regards,
Cruisethirsty
Old 11-21-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruisethirsty:
Hi Gary:
It's always good to know that other people are in the same boat, so to speak. I don't think you have to worry about Skagway. There are always many shore excursions offered so HAL is probably just updating them. Worst case scenario would be booking on your own, which isn't a problem in Skagway.

Thanks for the heads up. this will be our 3rd time there, so we pretty well have it figured out.

Regards,
Cruisethirsty

Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

I'm changing my original answer, cruisethirsty. Have you seen the Northern Isles brochure on the HAL Web site? It's showing that there are no tours for the three ports of call you mentioned in your original note, but gives some info on each.

Generally, though, if HAL does offer a tour in a port, they will update the site gradually for your particular cruise. You can go to the Booked Guest area, type in your reservation number, and then browse or book online once they're posted.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, cruise, excursion, excursions, forum, hal, holland, reviews, shore, skagway