Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:30 PM

We are booked on the 10 day cruise into the canal and back on the Zuiderdam in November 2009. Has anyone taken excusions in the canal area? Is it better to stay on the ship and go through the Gatun locks both directions than take an excursion? It looks like a tender is used to disembark for excusions, is it from anchor in Gatun lake? Anyone with experience in any of these areas please respond. WEC
Old 08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I've done the full transit and never had the opportunity to do any excursions at the Canal. But if I was to do a round-trip to Lake Gatun I'm sure I would take advantage of an excursion, rather than just retrace my steps. I'm not that familiar with all the excursions available, but I think you can ascend the Gatun Locks, disembark by tender for your excursion, and rejoin the ship back at sea level.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks, f-mattox
Yes all the excursions rejoin the ship at Cristobal out side the lock. Thanks for the response.WEC

Closed Thread

Tags
canal, cruise, cruises, excursion, excursions, gatun, lakepanama, panama, panana, princess, review, reviews, round, trip, zuiderdam