Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 02:38 PM

What is the latest health status of this ship?

Would you sail on this vessel again?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM

I've sailed her twice in the past.

The latest I've been able to find out is that she is "clean" but the sanitation efforts continue with everyone being asked to "spritz" and/or wear gloves.

Would I sail her again? Probably - if she was going someplace I was interested in visiting.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 AM

Just returned from Alaska on Ryndam leaving out of Seward on June 25, 2006. Beware of this ship and sanatation problems. We had a party of 8 with us and 7 fell ill. We had toliet flushing problems, and brown smelly bathwater. This ship had many many cased of vomiting and three of our party fell ill when we returned home with a case of high fever, coughingm abd aching for nearly two weeks. I would never step foot on the Ryndam again. Check other sites and you will find a lot of references to their sewage problems.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:07 PM

WARNING....DO NOT SAIL ON THE RYNDAM! Just got back from Alaska on the Ryndam. It has been 20 days and I am just now feeling better. Got sick two days before end of cruise. I've contacted the Alaskan Center for Disease Control and they are going to investigate. This ship has serious water/waste water problems. Toilets overflow daily and the shower/bath water smells and looks like fecus. The Norwalk virus is epidemic. The second you board, you will be using alcohol hand cleaner at every turn! Sorry, didn't help!
Old 07-25-2006, 01:23 PM

I just called Holland America and talked with the representative for the Ryndam. I have been informed that they did have a problem with a broken pipe and that the situation has been corrected. Im hoping this is true. I hope to hear from someone who takes this cruise later in August, as we leave the 27th. Please email me if you have any later info. lori531@webtv.net
Old 07-28-2006, 09:13 AM

Greyson, I certainly hope the problem has been fixed, however they must have had this broken pipe since 1994! Yes, research has shown this problem with the water/waste water and illnesses goes back THAT far!!!! Please be EXTREMLY careful and use the Purell stations everytime you see one! DO NOT DRINK any water except bottled water and be very careful taking shower/bath that you do not get any of this water in your mouth. Also, the problem seems to get worse the lower the deck cabins. If your cabin is in the 800's, be VERY CAREFUL!!! Let me hear from you after your cruise. I truly hope you have an enjoyable experience.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:35 PM

I was on the Ryndam July 2 to Alaska. We were on deck 6 if that has anything to do with anything. We had NO PROBLEMS and everything seemed clean. We did have to use hand cleaner all the time but didn't mind that.
Our only problem was with pre-cruise and the creep at curisemust.com that our group of 30 booked through. He was Mr. Wonderful until he got our money then he didn't have time to help anyone.

I think you will have a great trip.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:00 AM

Thanks Kodak. We are 12 days away from sailing. Im sure everyting will be fine. I saw a recent CDC inspection review and they gave the Ryndam a 96. I think that is pretty darn good!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:36 AM

I am here to tell you that we had the BEST cruise yet on the Ryndam 8-27 through 9-3. We were on the main deck, cabin 831, and had absolutely no problems with any sewage, toilets backed up, etc. If someones toilet backed up then they put something down there that shouldnt have been or they used too much toilet paper. We didnt smell any sewage, etc. The crew on board was wonderful. They were there at every turn to help with my mom in her wheelchair. The food was fantastic and the crew put on a great show during the Signature dinner and the final dinner on the ship. I dont care what anyone says, I would sail the Ryndam again with no hesitation. If you had a bad time, then you weren't being careful, ie; using hand sanitizer, etc. I feel sorry for you as I enjoyed my cruise and didnt get sick because I took the necessary precautions.

Closed Thread

Tags
831, cabin, ryndam, stateroom