Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 AM

Hi All,
I keep hearing about the azipod problems on Oosterdam. Does anyone know when that is scheduled to be repaired? Many thanks for any info!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:00 PM

There are still problems. We leave on the 24th of March and we received some sort of notice in our packet--I do not understand it. Is it safe?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:51 PM

Wondered on this myself so did some digging and found out the azipod helps the propulsion system. Apparently when one is on the fritz their speed is slowed from 24 to 19 knots max. I leave on Saturday for the Seahawks Mexican Riviera cruise and we received notice a couple of port calls were being cut short and we would receive a $25 onboard credit. I think this is probably because of this problem.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:45 PM

I thought that I had read on a thread at some point that it was supposed to be fixed in March or April and was hoping someone knew if this was still the case. HawkerBacker & Reenie1 please let me know after your trip if you were able to find out any info. on this. Heading to Alaska in June....I am a teacher of students with autism and we have been talking about Titanic for the last 3 weeks. Needless to say I know more about the whole iceberg/ sinking thing than I would like. Occupation hazard....Want this ship to be in top shape for our visit.....
Old 04-16-2007, 01:04 PM

Hi,

I just spoke with Kelly at HAL concerning the Oosterdam azipod problem, and he said it had finally been repaired! We are Alaska bound next month and this was a concern to us.

Hope this info helps, and happy cruising!

Smiles,

ej

Closed Thread

Tags
azipod, azipods, cruise, ncl, oosterdam, problems, propulsion, ship, systems