Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 02:44 PM

Hello, I m from Germany and I have a very big problem with HAL. I wanted to book a cruise with them but it was not sure if we could get a flight, because it was 3 weeks before depature. So the Travel-agency (in USA) told me that the best thing I can do is to do a reservation for 48 hours to find out if we will get flights. For this reservation they told me, that I do need a Deposit, which will payed back 100 % if we will not take the cruise. So I payed the Deposit. Because we didnt find flights I told the Travelagency that we will not do the cruise. But our Deposit was never payed back. HAL now wrote us, that the cancellation of the room was made just 3 days !!! befor Departure and thats why they didnt pay the Deposit back.
So I think the Travelagency forgot to cansel the reservation.
What can I do to get my money back? Does somebody has any ideas? Its a lot of money.

Sorry for the bad english. And thanks for help.

Svenja
Old 05-13-2007, 02:58 PM

The T/A is responsible for cancelling the booking upon your request. Hopefully you have some sort of record of the cancellation. An email, a cancellation #, anything showing that the cruise was requested to be cancelled and the date of the request.

Unfortunatly HAL has no way of knowing you requested a cancellation unless they are informed by the T/A. The agency should have notes in their system of any correspondence, including phone calls. If your agent made and error and the notes are in the system the agency should still do the right thing and reimburse you. If you have no luck with your individual agent ask to speak to a Manager and have them pull up the notes in the system.

For anyone reading this thread, if you ever cancell a reservation be sure to do so in writing (email is fine) and keep a record of it so you can prove it was done prior to any penalties (if that's the case). You should then, within 72 hours recieve a cancellation confirmation just like the confirmation you recieved when you booked with the money shown reversed to be credited. Some cruiselines provide cancellation confirmation #'s and some use your original booking # as the confirmation #. You do need a cancellation confirmation to protect yourself from just this sort of clerical error.

Good luck with your situation. I'm pretty sure your T/A will take care of this for you.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Hallo Svenja,

ich antworte Dir am Besten in Deutsch !

Deine Anfrage läst ein paar Fragen offen, u.A. welches Schiff, Abfahrtstag und Abfahrthafen, und von welchem deutschen Flughafen Du los fliegen willst.

Eigentlich sollte es aber kein Problem geben, einen Flug in die Staaten zu bekommen. Da man dort immer noch Umsteigen kann. Dann hat man zwar eine Flugpassage mehr, aber man kommt auf sein Schiff.

Schaue mal unter....

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...t=101302771107

http://www.ebookers.de/

http://www.travelocity.com

http://www.expedia.de/

dort findest Du eigentlich immer was passendes.

Außerdem ist mir nicht klar wieso Du / Deine US Agentur das Schiff fest gebucht hat, wenn Du noch keinen Flug hattest.
Alle meine unten aufgelisteten Holland America Line Kreuzfahrten habe ich via einer US-Agentur gebucht, hatte aber nie dieses Ergebnis.

Sollte Dein US-Partner allerdings die Schiffspassage fest gebucht haben, dann kommst Du aus der Sache sehr schlecht wieder raus – und wenn Du keinen Flug findest, dann ist es sehr schwierig Dein Geld wieder zu bekommen.

Ich hoffe, ich konnte Dir helfen

Happy cruising

Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997
MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001
MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002
MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004
MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004
MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005
MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005
MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006
MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

106 days - 29'479 Nm

Future Cruise :

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, america, back, bad, booking, cruise, deposit, deposits, future, good, holland, ms, msprinsendam, past, reports, sitehttprugbyadventureworldcomau, tee, travel, volendam