Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 11:56 AM
DW and I (both inexperienced at this)are considering a land tour/cruise package offered by John Hall's Alaska.

We are thinking of going in June-July of 2007. HAL would be the cruise line and Ms Ryndam or Statendam or Volendam would be the ship, depending how we make our selection.

After flying to Anchorage, it's Valdez,Fairbanks, Denali (2), Seward then board curise ship ~Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait, Skagway,Juneau, Ketchkan, inside passage, Vancouver~Vancouver airport.

There are so many Qs to ask but right now my concern is that we seem to be going into something without really knowing what we are getting into. What if the tour is not as advertized? What if we hate it? What if our luggage does not make it from TX to Anchorage? Is there an exercise room on board (treadmill etc)? All basic first-timers Qs I'm sure, but I was thinking that someone here could give me a bit of guidance.

Thanks in advance.

mickeyd
Old 12-10-2006, 05:34 PM

I am not familiar with John Hall's Alaska. However; if your whole land and cruise package is through Holland America then you should have a wonderful time. It is always wise to pack a carry on bag with a couple changes of clothes. You can fit quite a bit in the carry on roll bags.
Yes, the ship will have a gym.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:27 AM

I sailed on the Ryndam this past August/September and enjoyed it a lot. The ship is really nice and the staff was there at every turn to help my mom who is in a wheelchair because of oxygen. Have a great time, I have family in Anchorage. Dont fret, everything will go fine.

Closed Thread

Tags
1, akaska, alaska, america, cruise, day, days, halls, holland, john, land, review, reviews, texad, tour