Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:02 AM

We are vert much novices at the cruise scene, other than a 7 day trip on the Grand Princess 10 years ago. From everything I've read Holland will be a step toward the more formal from Princess.
Can anyone suggest a good TA for sailing Holland America? Obviously like anyone else I would like to get a better price than advertised on the HAL wesite, but also I want to talk to someone who really knows HAL.

Location probably doesn't matter a whole lot becauase I'm, in Springfield Illinois, not a lot of TAs here and none I've found specializing in HAL. So dealing will have to be done online.

Thanks all
Dave and Emily
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM

Hi Schwegel's, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Wish I could help, but do not know of any good on-line TAs. Perhaps a call to HAL would help. Perhaps a Google search would help. Wish I could give you first hand knowledge. We've sailed on both HAL and Princess and I can honestly say, I didn't think HAL was anymore formal than Princess. They do cater to, perhaps, a slightly older clientelle, but are family friendly. For the most part, most mainstream lines have become a less formal. I, personally, enjoyed the formal evenings being formal, but I guess that was outnumbered by those who don't.

I think HAL has excellent service and their ships are immaculate. Best wishes and enjoy your cruise!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, Dave and Emily. Penny gave you some good suggestions. To that, I would add that you search the CLIA site for agents who are certified as Accredited, Master, or Elite Cruise Counsellor. We're unable to recommend agents or agencies as per our forum rules, so hopefully you'll find the above helpful.

Plus, you can ask your HAL questions here on our HAL board. We have several members who are seasoned HAL cruisers who will be happy to help with anything but a booking. Just start a thread for each topic and we'll help the best we are able.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:40 AM

Another good tip is to ask the agent if they are HAL certified. This means they have taken courses from HAL directly and have an in depth knowledge of the cruise line.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 PM

Good Luck - Holland is a great cruiseline and take wonderful car of you - we are booked on another one in August to the Mediterrean and can not wait.

Name of TA removed to comply with TOS.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Going on my 24th cruise, 1st on Holland America.
I booked my Panama Canal cruise thru Holland America...Received outstanding help from them.
Happy Sailing to us all...

Bob E
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dah8424:
Good Luck - Holland is a great cruiseline and take wonderful car of you - we are booked on another one in August to the Mediterrean and can not wait.

Name of TA removed to comply with TOS.
We are also book on HAL for end of August on the Niew Amsterdam....is it true about alot of gliches on new ships?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 AM

Only occasionally these days do you hear about major glitches on new ships. The Nieuw Amsterdam was launched 3.5 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything negative about it.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:12 PM

Glad to hear that. Should be a nice cruise. We are going to do a few ports on our own.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, amsterdam, book, discount, good, hal, holland, niew, ta