Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 PM

This is our first cruise and really do not know what to expect. Looking for others on Zaandam for Nov 26 15 day cruise. Hope Kona is still a stop after quake.
DW and I booked a Verandah AA, and are excited about the sailing. Sure hope we are not disappointed on our first time.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi neighbor I have not been on this cruise but DH and I took an 11 day Hawaiian cruise from Hawaii to Ensanada in April. We had a wonderful time even though when we arrived in Hawaii they had just had 6 weeks of non stop rain. Luckily the day we boarded the ship all was well. Talked to people who had just returned from a week on the Pride of America. They said they had 7 days of rain, rain, rain. I cannot say anything about your ship but the ports are wonderful. You will have a great time visiting the islands. Best way to see the islands is to rent a car. Check with Thrifty and if you are a Blue Chip holder they will have the car ready and waiting. Go to the head of the line. The price is reasonable considering what some of the tours charge. We did 7 straight days at sea and it was not what I bargained for. I love sea days. It is a chance to relax and just enjoy the beauty of the ocean. On this trip the wind was so bad you could not walk on deck most of the time. It also was quite cold. Spent most of the time inside. Luckily they had great activities planned. Not sure your age but I have found that most 10-15 day and longer cruises cater to an older crowd. Most retired with plenty of time to cruise. Hope this fits with your lifestyle. I found on our ship we were the "babies" Since we were cruising in April I knew this is the spring break time but most college students and families do not take more than a 7 day cruise as that is all the time they have. I was correct. Very few families on board. Hope your first cruise is a wonderful one. Don't forget to post a review.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:47 PM

Kona should be fine when you are there. Word out from the Hawaii Visitors Bureau is that a few hotels on the Big Island were damaged, but not badly, and are open for business as usual. With a month or more to clean up, things should be pretty much back to normal when you are there.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, rain, reviews, stop, zaandam