Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 09:36 AM

We are considering a Dec. 16 Mexican Riviera cruise from San Diego, and Oosterdam is one of our possibilities. Since we will be a multi-generational group and there will two children, ages 10 and 11, the quality of the children's program for that age group is one of the key factors in our decision. Any experience you have had will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:08 AM

SD Cruiser, I don't doubt you would have a great time either way you go. With your children and possibly young adults, I would suggest Royal Caribbean. There is just much more activity and things to do than on what is commonly understood as a classy line with older clientele. Here is a link to a cruise that might suit you on that weekend.
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails...encyCode=&promoType=

Ken
Old 02-17-2007, 07:29 AM

Thanks veyr much Chef Ken, for your suggestionl We do, however, really want to leave from our home town, as we all live in the San Diego area. So our choices are Dawn Princess, Holland America, and Carnival.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SD Cruiser:
Thanks veyr much Chef Ken, for your suggestionl We do, however, really want to leave from our home town, as we all live in the San Diego area. So our choices are Dawn Princess, Holland America, and Carnival.
I have never sailed Carnival but there are a lot of fans here. They are geared to a younger "mindset", but if fine cuisine is more important, you probably will want to go HAL or Princess and I would lean Princess simply because of the fact that HAL is often referred to as an older crowd.

What ever you decide, I hope you have a great time. Be sure to thoroughly check the posts here and on the Cruise Reviews site.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello SD Cruiser;
I would agree with Chef Ken; you say you have a multi-generational group and I would say that Princess probably has the broadest appeal. I wouldn't think even HAL would have a drastically older crowd on a 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise; but I think Princess would be better suited to a wide-ranging group. And from my observation, I would say they have fine childrens' programs.
But also as Ken says, you will have a great time which ever way you go.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:47 PM

thanks everyone for all your help. We decided to book the Dawn princess leaving out of San Diego. Sounds like that will be a good choice for all of us.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I think you made the right choice. You just can't beat Princess for an all around great cruise experience.
And the Dawn Princess is a wonderful ship; big enough to have everything you want and need--not so big you feel lost in the crowd.
You are in for a great cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
11, boy, bring, cruise, kids, oosterdam, program, yr