Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2007, 09:15 AM
When we received our packet from the agent that puts together our 2 week Alaska land/cruise tour it contained information on tipping.

We are instructed that we should tip the land tour managers $5/person/day; the cruise tour managers should be tipped $10-$15/person/7day cruise; and HAL charges $10/person/day for dining room and stateroom services (not sure why it should be described as a gratuity rather than a service charge.)They say that this is an optional program, and "adjustments" can be made.

When tipping the first 2 "managers" listed above, should we pay in cash or will they take a CC? I do not ususlly carry much cash (almost 99% is on plastic) so, are ATMs available to get at my cash or should I bring a bunch of extra cash for tipping.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM

I do all grats on a CC and recommend that as the way to handle them. As for your time on the ship, it's a flat $10. per day per person traveling. This will cover the waitstaff, cabin steward, maitre'd, everyone. On the land portion it varies a little from line to line, check with your T/A or HAL direct. I can't remember their guideline for the land portion. I think it's just $5. pp per day.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
america, dining, holland, lacerda, lines, maitred, managers, mnager, neil, rccl, room, tipping, tour