Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 AM

We are getting off the cruise in Livorno and plan to rent a car. I have a reservation at Pisa airport, but someone told me it may be better to take a taxi to the train station, then take the train to Florence and rent a car in Florence. We are going to travel to Siena that night. I would welcome all suggestions and details.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:58 AM

You do NOT want to drive in Florence, trust me! Between the narrow one-way streets and the motor scooters weaving in and out, it is extremely difficult. If Florence is not your destination for that night, why would you go there just to rent a car?

It is very easy to rent the car in Livorno; however there may be a drop-off charge when you return it to a different city after your trip.

You will love Siena!

Closed Thread

Tags
car, carribean, cruise, florence, forum, liverno, livorno, port, portt, rent, rental, renting, royal