Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Banned

I would like to hear some input from some of those that have recently sailed on the Zuiederdam, it seems to be one of the best bargains out there right now. I have heard about the vibrations in the dinning room but I don't think that would be enough to discourage me.How is everything else?
Old 07-15-2004, 04:09 AM
Banned

I would like to hear some input from some of those that have recently sailed on the Zuiederdam, it seems to be one of the best bargains out there right now. I have heard about the vibrations in the dinning room but I don't think that would be enough to discourage me.How is everything else?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:36 AM

I was on the Zuiderdam this past February, and had a wonderful experience. Didn't notice ANY vibrations in the dining room at all, nor any odors as some posters have mentioned. The service was wonderful, and the food excellent. Don't miss the afternoon teas! I also loved the room, had an SS suite, and it was well worth the money if it's in your budget. I give it an A rating!
Old 07-16-2004, 09:50 AM
Banned

Xznwfd
Thanks for the response. I did see a few bad reviews on the cruise reviews site. That is why I wanted to get some more input I usually go by the reviews on this and other sites to make my decision, I find it very helpful.
Tom
Old 07-17-2004, 04:22 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Thomas, because of the many negative comments we read in many reviews, we were also apprehensive about booking the Zuiderdam, but once aboard and on our way, these fears were quickly dispelled. The Zuiderdam is a beautiful ship, with an outstanding crew. We wrote a comprehensive review that you might like to read.

http://www.tomandmaryscruisereviews....rdamReview.htm

Warm regards,
Old 07-22-2004, 11:55 AM
Banned

Tom and Mary
I was curious as to how long it has been since your last cruise aboard the Zuiderdam? The reason I ask is that some of the more recent reviews are not good!I would like to hear from someone who has been in the last few weeks.
Thanks Tom
Old 07-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

Tom, we cruised on the Zuiderdam last September. We are not fans of the HAL line, but we found the Zuiderdam to be a magnificent vessel that is equal to any ship of the major cruise lines. We read many negative reviews telling about the problems this ship had during its initial deployment, but we can assure you, whatever problems they may have had, have been addressed and for the most part resolved. I havenít read any of the recent Zuiderdam reviews, but I imagine the old faithful HAL cruisers are the authors of some of them. Hal is threading a fine line of trying to attract the younger set, while minimizing the loss of the long-standing HAL faithful who will find it hard to accept the change. Change never comes easily.

Warm regards,
Old 07-23-2004, 04:59 AM
Banned

Tom and Mary
Thanks for the response,I think we will give it a try, she has the best price around for an upgrade cruise line.We are thinking about going in Sep. Thanks again.
Tom
Old 08-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Banned

I was able to find a relativly good deal on the Zuiderdam. THe best price around this time of year, there aren't many ships in the carribean this time of year so it doesn't give you a lot of bargaining power. I hpoe that it turns out o.k. the reviews seem to be mixed, more than most other ships. We will be sailing in a few weeks.Wish us luck!
Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
america, holland, zuiederdam