Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Yipee Skipee - - price went down $200 per person. We decided to take the reduction in prince rather than upgrade to a cabin costing what we originally booked at. . . We're going to Mexico - who needs a window? It pays to keep an eye on prices. With 6 months to go, we might even see another - only time will tell. Last cruise, the price dropped after final payment, so the difference went to an on-board credit...
Old 08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Administrator

That is great news. I really like that itinerary. It is nice to see something different.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:52 PM

Congrats! Gotta love when that happens.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM

We're new to cruising, just took our first with HAL to Alaska the end of June, and have just recently booked a western caribbean with HAL as well for the end of October, which I paid in full last week. My question is ... we've paid in full, if there is a price drop will we automatically receive an onboard credit, or what??? Will they contact me or do I need to keep watching the prices and contact them if it happens?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
GV - - if you booked with a travel agent, she/he should be keeping an eye out for price changes. If not - and I would suggest doing this anyway - you should take the responsibility to check the website. Once the cruiseline is contacted with the request for price adjustment, it will look at your booking and determine if the price change is effective for your category (ie if the site says NN went down and you're booked into category I - I may not have gone down, only the lower categories).
Enjoy your Alaska cruise - it remains my favorite itinerary - and it was a wonderful HAL experience.
Susan
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Dave - it is a great itinerary. The only ports that we haven't been to are Guaymas and Topolobampo (Los Mochis); although I expect Guaymas will be similar to Puerto Penasco. It's our first cruise in the winter time - it's prime whale watching time for the area, so we're excited. I also just realized that we'll be aboard for Valentine's Day, which should be our last formal night - so it should be pretty special at dinner that night.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:26 PM

How exciting and what a wonderful Valentine's Day gift
Old 08-05-2010, 07:25 PM
C'mon HAL drop the price on my cruise too:-)..

Happy Sailing to us All...

Bob E
Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
THANK YOU HOLLAND AMERICA...

Because of some large price reductions, I contacted HAL and they upgraded to the top (CQ) Ocean View Spa room, on board credit and a free spa treatment....they couldn't have been any nicer....Now, do I give the spa treatment to my wife, or do I get a mud pack??? Happy Sailing to us all....
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Double Yippee Skipee ! ! And that's with less than 60 days to go? Now that's service. Not only do we want a review, but we want pix of the OV Spa Room... and do let us know who got the spa treatment.

Susan

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, america, cruise, day, decrease, drop, holland, line, price, prices, reviews, rules, ship, ships, valentines