Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2006, 06:12 PM

We booked a suite for three and I was wondering if anyone can tell me all the extras that they really give you?

thanks

elise
Old 07-06-2006, 06:04 AM

Hi Elise:

Congratulations on booking a HAL suite. They are really something special. The "extras" are well documented on the HAL website at the following URL:
http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboar...accommodations

The "luxury level" really does depend on whether you're in a "Verandah"/"Superior Verandah" level suite or in the "Deluxe/Penthouse" level suite. The extras really multiply in the "Deluxe" or "Penthouse" level.

The biggest perk of those upper level suites is the use of the Neptune Lounge and concierge service. The lounge is a wonderful, quiet place to "get away from the crowd" and is stocked with food and drink all day long. The concierges know your name from the moment you come aboard, and are amazingly wonderful people who seem to want/are able to accommodate virtually any special request. They get to know your favorite treats/hors d'ouevres/drinks, and make sure that they get delivered to your room every day or at least have them available to you in the Neptune when you pass through.

We also enjoyed several receptions, exclusively for suite passengers. Cocktails with the captain, receptions in the lounge. Because it was a longer (12-night) cruise, we also had a "suite-only" dinner in the specialty restaurant, hosted by the Captain.

Embarkation and Debarkation were both "priority" for suite passengers as well, though I'm not sure if they still do that.

My wife and I had a "Deluxe Verandah Suite" on the Rotterdam in April 2002, and were TOTALLY spoiled by the constant pampering. We've been on several cruises since, and nothing quite matches up. We're thrilled that we'll be in another "Deluxe Verandah Suite" on the Westerdam in the fall, this time with our two children!!

All I can say is enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Marty
Old 07-08-2006, 01:33 PM

Thank you very much for all your info. I am hoping we will be spoiled for a week cruising Alaska.

Elise
Quote:
Originally posted by SSUS_NJ:
Hi Elise:

Congratulations on booking a HAL suite. They are really something special. The "extras" are well documented on the HAL website at the following URL:
http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboar...accommodations

The "luxury level" really does depend on whether you're in a "Verandah"/"Superior Verandah" level suite or in the "Deluxe/Penthouse" level suite. The extras really multiply in the "Deluxe" or "Penthouse" level.

The biggest perk of those upper level suites is the use of the Neptune Lounge and concierge service. The lounge is a wonderful, quiet place to "get away from the crowd" and is stocked with food and drink all day long. The concierges know your name from the moment you come aboard, and are amazingly wonderful people who seem to want/are able to accommodate virtually any special request. They get to know your favorite treats/hors d'ouevres/drinks, and make sure that they get delivered to your room every day or at least have them available to you in the Neptune when you pass through.

We also enjoyed several receptions, exclusively for suite passengers. Cocktails with the captain, receptions in the lounge. Because it was a longer (12-night) cruise, we also had a "suite-only" dinner in the specialty restaurant, hosted by the Captain.

Embarkation and Debarkation were both "priority" for suite passengers as well, though I'm not sure if they still do that.

My wife and I had a "Deluxe Verandah Suite" on the Rotterdam in April 2002, and were TOTALLY spoiled by the constant pampering. We've been on several cruises since, and nothing quite matches up. We're thrilled that we'll be in another "Deluxe Verandah Suite" on the Westerdam in the fall, this time with our two children!!

All I can say is enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Marty
Old 07-18-2006, 04:51 AM

Don't forget the free laundry, pressing and dry cleaning that comes along with the suite. This comes in very handy, and they really do a nice job. There is also early tender service that is offered, and dining room arrangements are usually granted to the suites first.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:38 AM

You also forgot to mention the boutonniere that is left for you in the refrigerator on formal nights and the binoculars in the suite for your use.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:51 PM

We had a lovely Deluxe Verandah Suite in April on the Veendam. Oh my...what luxury! There was so much room for the 3 of us. My daughter slept on the fold-out bed and said it was very comfy. She never had to unfold the bed in the evening or fold the bed the next morning. Our room steward did it all. We also found the Neptune Lounge to be very relaxing and when we wanted a last minute beach day, the concierge was only too happy to help us out. I guess the best part of all was the extra room. We had cruised twice before and our room was smaller both times. We made do nicely when it was just 2 of us, but knowing our daughter would be with us made us want to go for the more spacious accomodations. She was very glad we had the dressing room with a curtain. My husband loved all the room to stretch out. And the huge verandah was heavenly! Our daughter loved to go out there and take afternoon naps. You will {{{love}}} your suite!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:23 AM

Does that mean that I can not use the lounge or the extres unless I am a deluxe and not a superior suite which is what I booked.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 PM

Barbarasturtle:

Yes, the Neptune Lounge is reserved for the top two levels of suites - the Penthouse Verandah Suites and the Deluxe Verandah Suites. The "perks" of the various "levels" of suites are pretty well laid out on the "Suite Life" section of the Holland America website (under Accommodations)

Now, of course, I guess things could vary from ship to ship in terms of how closely the "rules" are followed... but when we've cruised HAL in a Deluxe Verandah Suite, the concierges (who supervise the Neptune Lounge) pretty much know each of their passengers by name, and know who's in the various levels of Suite.

If it's not too far out of your price range, I'd strongly advise upgrading from superior suite to the deluxe level (Penthouse is "over the top" price-wise). The payback interms of perks is well worth it!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, delux, extras, holland, lounge, neptune, norwegian, penthouse, perks, requests, reviews, special, suite, suites, superior