Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 01:22 PM

We are booked in Decmber in an SZ Gtee...There are only two of these Staterooms on the Vista Class ships..Just looking for feedback about them...Greg
Old 09-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Hi Greg. Welcome to Cruise-chat.
I looked up SZ in my well worn HAL brouchure. I am not sure what you meant by "Gtee" but SZ is a Superior Verandah Suite with a twist. I can't make specific comments on your room but it looks like the room and verandah are elongated at one end like an elbow. There should be a window as well as a verandah door.
You will have a great view if that is the shape of your verandah. Suite verandahs are wide and long with very comfortable plastic wicker looking furniture.
Make sure you have breakfast on your verandah at least once.
I have sailed on the Zuiderdam which is also a Vista Class ship. You will be very comfortable and well looked after.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 09-21-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
We are booked in Decmber in an SZ Gtee
That means you're in a Category SZ Guarantee. The guarantee means that you'll sail in an SZ, or will be upgraded to a higher category of room at no extra charge.

You should be finding out soon in what room you'll actually be sailing.

Sandy

< Edited a typo>
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Silly me. Of course. Gtee = Guarantee
That is why Sandy is a guru.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 AM

I took a SZ gty for 10/27/07 and got an upgarde to an SS cabin. I am very pleased becasue there was a sizeable difference in fares between SZ and SS. If you look at the photos of the PS accomodations, you can see what the 'elbow effect' is. I very juhc doubt you will actually be given an SZ becasue it is mt understanding that this is just a way to fill the Superior Suites in the off season. And the Fall is considered off season. Bon Voyage~!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 AM

SZ gty is a great way to book with HAL always. When they run their gty promos (the best are called SWAT or Flash promotion, the flash promos are also called 3 day or 5 day sales) they always offer them in the lowest available category. They do this even when they have no more cabins in the category you're booking. that means they have to upgrade you if they have no more. There are always far more of these cabins sold during these promos than they have in inventory. Same applies to balcony gty in Cat VH. The vast majority of the time you'll recieve a small upgrade to the next two higher cats. Occasionally they'll leave these open even when all the have left is mega-suites at much higher pricing. Someone is going to get an unbelievable upgrade in that case. I've had two clients get so lucky in the last couple of weeks. It happens a lot more off season.

Unless you have serious motion issues and have to be midship or you just feel you have to know where your cabin is it's a great way to book. You'll always get beeter rates than those who choose their cabin and sometimes end up in a better cabin than those who pay more and choose. Your Mariner status (their loyalty program) does have an impact on who gets the premo move up. If you're a first time cruiser with them don't get your hopes too high.

Cheers, Neil
Old 10-22-2007, 12:11 PM

I'm not a Mariner member since this is my first HAL cruise. But I still nabbed a two category upgrade by booking the SZ GTY. Hooray! And I can hardly wait to see what happens next time.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 PM

Congrats on the upgrade! When you get back you're a Mariner. Have a great time and welcome to Cruise-Chat.

Cheers, Neil
Old 10-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Are you Revneil in another life?

Closed Thread

Tags
america, book, cabin, catagorie, category, cruise, difference, guarantee, higher, holland, reviews, ss, sz, vh, westerdam