Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM

Hi All,

We have settled on HAL for our very first Alaska cruise and I have been doing some research. Is it true that, during normal dining times, one can order off the main dining room menu for room service? I have seen several sites indicate this. Thanks for the info!

Johnathan
Old 02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
I would be interested in the answer to this as I also am cruising on HAL for the first time this summer.
The brochure I have only says "complimentary 24 hour in-room dining". Although I doubt if they would use the word "dining" to refer just to sandwiches and snacks.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 AM

We were on the Oosterdam and they have a separate room service menu. You do not get whats served in the dining room delivered to your room. You have to go to the dining room to get it. F-Mattox is correct, its usually sandwiches, etc. Breakfast you can get just about anything, omelets, bacon, etc. We enjoyed room service for breakfast when we had early port calls. You can get ready to get off the ship while you eat and not have to get up extra early to go to the Lido deck before you disembark at ports. Have fun, you will love the Oosterdam. We were on her during her maiden voyage to Alaska. Capt. Johnathan Mercer is great, as is the entire staff.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Yes, you can order anything served in the main dining room, including lobster, as long as you place your order within the first half hour of the seating times.

Quite often, we will decide to dine in the Lido and I will call about 8pm and order from the DR dessert menu and have coffee and dessert in the cabin or on the verandah.

DH, who isn't particularly fond of dressing up always orders two of the full lobster dinners to the cabin for himself on lobster night. He througholy enjoys his dinner in the cabin.

If you are in a suite the menu will be delivered to your cabin, if not, you can call or go to the main DR and the menu is posted so you can write down what you wish to order from room service.

We love our room service and make frequent use of it.

Closed Thread

Tags
america, breakfast, dinner, fun, holland, lobster, menu, night, oomsterdam, oosterdam, opsterdam, osterdam, room, seniors, service