Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2006, 09:56 AM

Booked as SS catagory, will there access to the Neptune Lounge? What perks if any, are available for SS catagory?
Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 AM

The perks of suites are well-described on the Holland America website at the following link:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/onboar...accommodations

The SS category does not have access to the Neptune lounge, which is available to the SA, SB and SC level only.

If it doesn't kill your budget, I strongly recommend spending the extra for the higher categories... the Neptune lounge and the other additional perks of those levels are well worth the price.

Hope that helps!!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
If it doesn't kill your budget, I strongly recommend spending the extra for the higher categories... the Neptune lounge and the other additional perks of those levels are well worth the price.
I totally agree!

Old 10-25-2006, 09:25 AM

I was in a suite for my first HAL cruise Nov 2005 on the beautiful Zuiderdam. We appreciated use of the help desk in the Neptune Lounge. There were two wonderful ladies that worked the desk. We had access to free sea sickness pills, change travels cheques, check our on board account and pay on to it, make inquiries about shore excursions, etc. Otherwise, you would have to line up at the main desk on board. Coffee, juice and snacks are always available, plus an excellent assortment of pastries and cereal for breakfast, pre dinner appetizers and there is a large TV and Newspapers. You also get priority boarding. Nice to be first on board. The only bad thing I can say is that the room was cold. You use an access card to enter the room.
The Superior Veranda Suite we had was roomy (we were 3 adults). There was a bottle of champagne from the Captain, flowers and a bowl of fruit. A nice way to be welcomed and feel special.
BUT the very best thing about having a suite is the size of the balcony. It is as wide as the room and much deeper than the regular outside balconies. So, if I had the money I would again book a Superior Veranda Suite because of the size of the room and balcony. It will make you feel like a King/Queen.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 10-25-2006, 12:55 PM

Have to echo Hooked-on-HAL's comments... Once you've tasted the full "suite life" of a HAL Superior Verandah Suite and the Neptune lounge, you're spoiled forever. Celebrity Concierge Class costs almost as much and doesn't offer anything near the amenities!!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:41 AM

See my comments on the thread "Upgrade"...

Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 AM

I just came off the Oosterdam from the 10/21-10/28 Mexican cruise. Sailed in category SC and other than the larger room and verandah felt it really offered nothing worthwhile.

Yes, the Neptune was nice but only had coffee and snacks. The concierge was helpful but powerless to fix problems. We had a separate line getting on but disembarking were in the last group and even with HAL transfers we were dropped at the airport 25 min before plane time.

Unless you feel like you'll hang out in the Neptune, the next lower categories are a better value, IMHO. They aren't that much smaller.

Closed Thread

Tags
amenities, america, breakfast, cruise, group, guest, hal, holland, lounge, neptune, oosterdam, perks, ships, suite, suites