Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 07:01 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip for my mother who will be a youg 80 in September. We are booked in May to Alaska. I have now read some very disturbing information from reveiwers about troubles on this ship about toilets backing up and sickness and HAL not doing anything about it. One such review said that the people where subjected to sleeping in their siuite for 4 days smelling the sink before HAL cleaned it
up. I cannot believe this is true. How would they get away with the safety issues? I am afraid now to take this cruise. Does anyone have any information to help set my mind at ease? This was to have happened in July 2006. Can wnyone who has sailed on the ship resently reply. I want my mother to have a great Time. Tahnk you so much.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:01 PM

Hello, I am planning a trip for my mother who will be a youg 80 in September. We are booked in May to Alaska. I have now read some very disturbing information from reveiwers about troubles on this ship about toilets backing up and sickness and HAL not doing anything about it. One such review said that the people where subjected to sleeping in their siuite for 4 days smelling the sink before HAL cleaned it
up. I cannot believe this is true. How would they get away with the safety issues? I am afraid now to take this cruise. Does anyone have any information to help set my mind at ease? This was to have happened in July 2006. Can wnyone who has sailed on the ship resently reply. I want my mother to have a great Time. Tahnk you so much.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:02 AM

I sailed the Ryndam to Alaska on 8-27 this year. We sailed until 9-3. I had read those reviews as well and I called Holland America directly. They told me that was an isolated incident. We had no problems on our cruise and no one got sick. The best thing you can do to present getting sick is use the Purell hand sanitation stations on the ship everyone you eat, go to the bathroom, etc. My travel agent also called. My mom is 77-years old and is on oxygen all the time due to lung problems and a history of 2 very bad heart attacks. The crew was there at every turn to help us with her wheelchair and taking her through food lines, getting her on and off the ship at ports, etc. We had a fantastic time without a stitch of trouble and I assure you that you will have a great time as well. If there are any other questions, you can email me at greyson_kitty@hotmail.com and I would be glad to answer them. The ship is gorgeous too by the way and the crew is outstanding.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 AM

I mean to say PREVENT getting sick. Its Monday, I can tell.

Closed Thread