Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM

Can anyone tell me how much reasonable bottles are on the Zuiderdam in the restaurants?
Do they have wine packages ? Can you take them to the restaurant then ?
I can find out if I am allowed to take a bottle of wiskey to my cabin or not (from outside), who knows ?
Thank you
Old 10-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Hi Henk, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We have a section a little further down the main page called FAQ, which has links to the various cruise lines policies. Holland America does not allow whiskey/hard liquor into the cabin from outside. Some lines do allow purchase of alcohol for use in the cabin. Wine runs from approximately $22/bottle up. If you purchase a bottle at dinner and do not finish it, they will cork it and serve it to you the following evening. You can purchase "gifts" from the Holland America website. The gifts can include wine/champagne. They do have buckets o'beer, where you buy 4 and get 5, these you can take back to your cabin. Hope this helps you a little. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise!
Old 10-14-2009, 04:22 AM

I've been looking for a good boxed wine too, after returning from a stay in SW France where supermarkets offer a good choice of red, white and rose for much less than here, but havn't tried any of them because I always go back to a 750ml Nero d'Avola from Trader Joe's which is I think $6.99-- a vacu vin keeps it fresh on the counter-- which for me offers better quality/price. (I also noticed that the little spout on the boxed wine makes it awfully easy to enjoy a glass

Closed Thread

Tags
america, bring, cruise, halloan, wine