Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 10:22 AM

We will be on the Noordam 10 day Cruise and will be at Half Moon Cay on Superbowl Sunday. Will there be a place to watch the game, or a party?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 AM

Hi Sheri,
Welcome to Cruise Chat. I haven't been on HAL during Superbowl, but I have been on Carnival, NCL, and Royal Caribbean for Superbowl cruises. All three of those cruise lines have a big tailgate party in the main show lounge. They show the game on big screen and bring food right into the lounge. I would think HAL will do something similar. The Superbowl is a very big sports event and the cruise lines know that people will want to see the big game. It may also be showing on television sets in one of the sports bars.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:09 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am hopeful. I think that the Superbowl will be at 6PM so we should be back on the boat. This is our first cruise and we are not sure what to expect.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM

Another question: our ports are: Philipsburg,Castries,Soufriere, St.Georges, Fort-de-France, Road Town, Half Moon Cay. Does anyone have any tips on what to do, besides the shore excursions listen on HAL's site?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:20 PM

You can find lots of information by googling each ports tourism bureau. Also on this site scroll down and look at the "Caribbean Ports". Shore excursions are subjective on your likes and dislikes.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM

yes, I have been searching and it is all very overwhelming. We would just like some tips or advice from someone that has already experienced it.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Administrator

You'll have no choice but to use the HAL tours at Half Moon Cay, unless you just want to hang out on the beach and eat the barbecue lunch.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks. How about any of the other ports? Any ideas for having fun with out having to spend so much $$$??? Also, how can we find photos of the Noordam??? Thanks for all the help and advice...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 AM

All the islands pretty much have similar activities. Shopping, City tours, island tours, snorkeling. Of course there will be other activities, but these are usually givens on any island. In St Maarten when you get off the ship and start walking down the pier to the shopping area there is a big billboard. It has pictures of different island tours you can take. It list the prices per person. The larger your group of people, the lower the price. Don't worry the drivers will be right there in all the ports to try and talk you into tours. Never pay ahead of time, always pay at the end of your trip.

If this is your first cruise I would recommend going mostly with the ship's tours. You might feel more secure knowing they will make sure you get back to the ship on time. If you do things on your own you need to allow plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Tours probably start around $25/$30 and up per person.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:10 PM

Thank you. I willtake all the tips I can get...

Closed Thread

Tags
america, american, bowl, carribean, cruise, holland, ncl, party, ship, ships, show, spending, sunday, super, superbowl, valor, watching