Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2002, 02:55 PM

Has anyone sailed on the new ship the Zuiderdam? I would be interested in your impressions and comments. I am sailing on the Feb.1 cruise.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:55 PM

Has anyone sailed on the new ship the Zuiderdam? I would be interested in your impressions and comments. I am sailing on the Feb.1 cruise.
Old 01-05-2003, 01:31 PM

We will be on that ship on that date. Looking forward to the cruise.

Have read some on Cruise Critic, but would like to know more.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:57 PM

I am a travel agent (sort of) and I was on the introductory cruise (12/11-12/14) and at the Mariners Society Luncheon for 12/14. I also was present at the christening where Joan Lunden called the ship the "ZuiderMAN".

My first impression of the ship is the size. From the outside, it seems HUGE. The inside is a bit different. It's very broken up inside, which lends to a more intimate feel. If this is good or bad depends on your outlook. The design is a bit wild. Having never been on another HAL ship, I am not sure I can compare. But, the colors were bright and vibrant. The criticism would be the theme, which is "The Arctic", Including polar bears over the pool, and a disco called "Northern Lights". The ship was beautiful, but even this cruise being only the third to carry passengers (there were two previous travel agent only cruises) the ship showed some damage to interior things. The service was not quite up to snuff, but then, the cabin stewards and waiters KNEW they wouldnt be getting any tips. I loved my cabin (bb) but it didn't seem as spacious as those on Carnival "Spirit" Class ships, and for the reduced rate, I think I would opt for Carnival. But, I highly recommend HAL. Especially if you don't want a cruise ship full of kids. The food was good, but again, only AS good as Carnival. Nothing to write home about, but a nice ship. Watch out for the chairs in the dining room, they weigh more than the occupants, and are VERY ugly. But this is, of course, just my opinion.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:15 PM

We will be cruising on the Zuiderdam in April. Please tell us how you liked the ship and any suggestions you have. Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
america, critic, cruise, es, excursions, forums, hawaii, holland, review, reviews, shore, ugly, zuiderdam