Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2006, 05:47 PM

Help please. I am a single, 40 year old divorced male and I booked a cruise with HAL (12/30/06) for New Year's Eve. I am going solo/single and now friends are telling me not to go. They said New Year's cruises are couples cruises and I will have a hard time finding single women to talk to or to dance with. Should I cancel and book another date? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
Old 05-26-2006, 06:58 PM

I think your friends' fears are justified. HAL is not the most single-friendly cruise line out there for folks in your age bracket.

There are organizations that put together singles groups onto various cruises, so at least you know there will be other single people onboard. Otherwise, it is always a crap shoot whether or not there will be other singles onboard, even on the most single friendly cruise line, which I think is Carnival.

Sandy
Old 05-27-2006, 06:06 AM

While I agree with Sandy's advice, I am aware of a Singles Cruise over New Years on the HAL Westerdam that leaves Fort Lauderdale on 12/31. That might be just what you are looking for.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-30-2006, 08:11 AM

I cruised on HAL as a single. I only met 3 other singles the entire cruise. I still had a ball. The staff were great. The bartenders knew what I was going to have, the ship was clean, the food was ok. The ports were fantastic. HAL is not a party type atomosphere, but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want to relax, spend some quiet time alone, and enjoy being pampered, HAL will fill the shoes. I would agree with Sandy, Carnival is more likely to have singles on board. But if there is a singles cruise on HAL like Nancy said, I believe you'd enjoy the HAL experience. Enjoy your cruise no matter what line you choose!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, ft, lauderdale, male, review, single, singles, solo, year, years