Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Holland America Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 02:21 AM

My family is going to taking a 20 days Trip to Europe on the new Noordam this comming summer. We took a cruise one time with Carnival line many year ago (11 yrs ago) to Mexico and hated the Carnival line.

Is anyone out there who had taken a long trip on one of the Vista line ship before?

How is the ship?
How is the food?
Is the room comfortable?
How are the excursions through Italy, Greek, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, Malta and Sicily?

Did you like Holland America line? How does it compare to like Celebrity or Crystal line?

Thanks a millions.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:21 AM

My family is going to taking a 20 days Trip to Europe on the new Noordam this comming summer. We took a cruise one time with Carnival line many year ago (11 yrs ago) to Mexico and hated the Carnival line.

Is anyone out there who had taken a long trip on one of the Vista line ship before?

How is the ship?
How is the food?
Is the room comfortable?
How are the excursions through Italy, Greek, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, Malta and Sicily?

Did you like Holland America line? How does it compare to like Celebrity or Crystal line?

Thanks a millions.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:41 PM

I am concerned---it sounds to me as if you are not getting enough basic information either from your travel agent or from the family member who is making arrangements with the travel agent.

Do you know which stateroom or what type of stateroom you will have? Have you been to the Holland America website?

Lana
Old 12-11-2005, 09:55 AM

We are scheduled to sail in April on a transatlantic voyage. Have had lots of enjoyable experiences on HA in the past.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:57 AM

Hi
I will be on board the new Noordam. But I work there
Old 12-22-2005, 06:50 AM

I've never been on Holland America but when I saw the plans for the Noordam I gave serious consideration to booking my European cruise with them. While Europe has fallen by the wayside at this point, I will be considering the Noordam when my plans change. It looks spectacular.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 12-22-2005, 07:59 AM

<<How is the ship?>>

The Noordam will be a brand new ship that is well evolved. You will love her.

<<How is the food?>>

Holland America is known for its wonderful dining opportunities. The restaurants and buffets are excellent.

Is the room comfortable?

Rooms on the Vista class ships are quite generous in size when compared to other mass market ships. What category are you booked in?

<<How are the excursions through Italy, Greek, Turkey, Spain, Monaco, Malta and Sicily?>>

I think that an Eastern/Western Med combo is the best possible itinerary you could want. You can find detailed information about each port at http://www.EuropePortReviews.com. All are easy to see on your own.

<<Did you like Holland America line? How does it compare to like Celebrity or Crystal line?>>

Holland America is considered a "Premium" line that would be comparable to Celebrity and Oceana. Crystal is considered a Luxury line.

Hope that helps.

Tom
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Of course, Holland America is owned by Carnival. But fear not, because management at Carnival has allowed each of their many cruise brands to retain it's distinctiveness.

Our first cruise was with HAL, on the old Westerdam. The thing that struck me about that cruise was the charming crew. Holland America has their own training program and school and the service staff comes from Indonesia and the Philippines. Very gracious and polished service.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:43 PM

What do you do on board? I will look for you during the trans-atlantic crossing.

Closed Thread

Tags
20, america, compare, cruise, day, holland, info, lines, med, noordam, oceana, reviews, ship, ships, turkey